Radio Stations Similar to WGN-AM

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Chicago / Illinois

Could you mention a radio station that often had a format of programming similar to that of the one often used for WGN-AM in recent times (you could also mention more than one if you are able to do so)

(I would greatly appreciate any mentioning of any station in which profanity or any other vulgar language was not often part of its programming in recent times).

Participant

Still obsessing over WGN, huh? But what are your thoughts on George Clooney’s profanity laced climate change rant on Jimmy Kimmel Live? Or does it not matter to you if the language is bleep censored and on television?

Still obsessing over WGN, huh? But what are your thoughts on George Clooney’s profanity laced climate change rant on Jimmy Kimmel Live? Or does it not matter to you if the language is bleep censored and on television?

I cannot comment on this “rant” since I had never heard or read of it before this message was posted. Even if I could, I would not comment on it here.

Participant

Deleted out of respect for site management.

Deleted out of respect for site management.

?

Participant

Not that it’s really worth a reply, but I had created a thread regarding Clooney’s Kimmel show rant in the national television forum, complete with youtube link, along with a specific request for your thoughts. That new thread was removed. Perhaps, rightfully so. But I had also posted a redirect for you in this thread. Once the thread in the television forum was gone, and considering my respect for Scott and Lance, I deleted that redirect reply to you here.

One other thought: considering the limited use of the Chicago board here, and unless you want stations only in Chicago, would it likely be better for you to repost your question on the “Radio Industry Discussion” sub-topic under General Topics? I’m thinking it might give you a far broader range of response on a national level. Frankly, short of what the old 1980s WLUP-AM or 1990s hot talk version of WLS-FM once programmed, there’s little else violent language or profanity related in Chicago that might answer your question.

Participant

Remember- you can’t spell “Clooney” without “looney.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php