‘Roseanne’ Canceled By ABC After Racist Tweets

RadioInsight Community Forums Television Insight National Television ‘Roseanne’ Canceled By ABC After Racist Tweets

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Recto 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bill Recto
    Participant

‘Roseanne’ Canceled By ABC After Racist Tweets

Damn the article showed that Roseanne Barr ranted out various conspiracy theories on Chelsea Clinton and Valerie Jarrett that lead to ABC/Disney leadership ending the broadcast contracts to Roseanne’s show.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Beachguy
    Participant

Makes me wonder when Maher will get axed again.

And Joy Behar-

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/18/the_view_host_joy_behar_mocks_vp_pences_christian_faith_as_mental_illness.html

Barr’s comments got here what she deserved. BUT the rules need to be fairly and equally enforced irrespective of what political view one holds.

John Basalla
    Participant

I join Beachguy on the beach on this one.

I hear that ABC has re-hired troublemaker Keith Olberman for its ESPN brand.  He’s made hate filled tweets or Facebook posts (or something) where he’s used the F-word (and spelled it out numerous times), cussing out President Trump and some members of his family, and in so doing, sometimes not even posting about an issue, just calling the President names.  So, is that an ok part of their corporate “culture” and “values”?

Bill Recto
    Participant

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/30/roseanne-barr-abc-new-show-conners/

Update Carsey Werner the Owners of Roseanne is rumored to form a new show with Roseanne Cast members without Roseanne.

There could be a scenario in the works where ABC salvages significant parts of Roseanne without having to say goodbye to some of the best actors on television (here’s looking at you, Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman). Though ABC made a swift decision Tuesday to cancel the successful reboot, EW has learned that ABC has not exactly washed its hands of the family comedy.

Here’s the challenge, though: Roseanne was created by Roseanne Barr. The characters were conceived by her and Matt Williams. If the sitcom were to continue without the matriarch, the actress would still benefit financially. So a key insider informs EW that discussions will continue today on whether it makes sense to keep the other actors but potentially design a new series around them — ergo, the Bonners, or whatever you want to call Goodman, Metcalf, and the clan of misfits. Nothing has been decided, however, and various options are still being weighed.

It’s not as if everyone scattered after Tuesday’s cancellation announcement. After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

Several of Roseanne’s best writers certainly aren’t going anywhere. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, executive producer Dave Caplan noted that he, together with Roseanne EPs Bruce Helford and Bruce Rasmussen, are staying put with ABC. “[They] have a pilot project with Tom Werner for ABC, and we’ll continue working together. I know that Tom really regretted the fact that we had such a wonderful writing staff together — a real rare collection of talent — and I know he’d like to continue using it in some fashion if that were possible.”

Even Barr herself lamented on Twitter about how her actions resulted in hundreds of people being out of work. (Read more of her response on Twitter here). Officially, ABC isn’t talking about any new chapter for the now-beleaguered series, but Disney-ABC Television Group president Ben Sherwood just sent out a statement to staff that said, in part, “we are so sorry the [cast and crew] were swept up in all of this and give thanks for their remarkable talents, wish them well, and hope to find another way to work together down the road.”

Mario500
    Participant

I had never found one of the subjects of this discussion (“tweets”) to had been either racist or stupid or the person to whom it was attributed to had been racist or stupid for having made it. I had only found this particular subject of the discussion to had been mean spirited and found my self willing to forgive its creator if he or she were really sorry for having created it.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Well I read the rants and they were straight up on Alex Jones Territory. But the Chelsea Clinton rant and the Valerie Jarrett rants came up at the same time but ABC/Disney cut Roseanne TV contract on one of rants.

Note I don’t know if Roseanne really believe in the conspiracy theories she just said that caused Disney to cut her contracts off. But I seen articles saying that before the 2018 reboot of her show she was a green party member before switching to Trump.

Beachguy
    Participant

Bill Recto
    Participant

Bill Recto
    Participant

http://tvline.com/2018/06/01/roseanne-spinoff-darlene-sara-gilbert-abc-renewed/

Carsey Werner has lobbied at ABC to do a Roseanne Spinoff.

Darlene to the rescue? Roughly 72 hours after cancelling Roseanne amid controversy, ABC is looking to possibly keep the franchise alive with a spinoff centered on Sara Gilbert’s acid-tongued single mom, TVLine has confirmed.

The standalone Darlene series was one of five offshoots proposed by TVLine in the wake of Roseanne‘s spectacular fall on Tuesday. ABC could not be reached for comment.
    Barr was later dropped by her talent agency ICM Partners, and TV Land, Paramount Network, CMT and Hulu all announced that Roseanne reruns were being yanked.

Not only would a Darlene series solve ABC’s Tuesday-at-8 pm void, it would save the 200-plus actor/crew/writer jobs that were lost after the axe fell on Roseanne. Barr herself lamented the job-loss factor on Twitter.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Beachguy
    Participant

I’m not positive but I believe Roseanne owns the show and characters.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Bill Recto
    Participant

Bill Recto
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php