Sad.

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Antal Thomas Antal 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Antal
    Thomas Antal
    Participant

Boy, has the activity on the Central NY board gone to crap since the switch from CNYRadio. The last post was Scott Fybush’s post a little over 5 months ago. Sad because there used to be good discussions on the old site. Plus they migrated the Binghamton board with the Syracuse board which has never worked out.

Profile photo of Scott Fybush
    Scott Fybush
    Keymaster

One of the things I’ve learned as a message board proprietor is that you can’t manufacture community. The old CNYRadio community has splintered pretty widely over several venues, and of course it doesn’t help that CNYRadio itself has shut down again. This board is here if people want to use it – but I can’t make them use it, alas.

Profile photo of CNYRadio.com Peter
    CNYRadio.com Peter
    Participant

Just to clarify, CNYRadio.com never had a message board like this. It was just stories. While people would sometimes post comments below the stories, there was never a “standalone” message board like the one Scott and Lance have created here.

Thomas, I believe you may have been thinking of the Syracuse/Utica board on Radio-Info that had existed for many years. If I recall, it was Radio-Info’s decline and subsequent demise that inspired RadioInsight to launch the board you’re reading right now.

But as Scott noted, it seems like people started disappearing from the Radio-Info board well before it finally went kaput and unfortunately I don’t think any one single forum emerged as the clear “victor of the spoils,” so to speak.

Profile photo of Thomas Antal
    Thomas Antal
    Participant

Thanks Peter for the info. I miss all the posts that were on the Syracuse/Utica board. Not sure either why the Radio-Info site declined in people. And your right, there doesn’t seem to be any “victor of the spoils”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

css.php