Sebastian Gorka's radio talk show.

RadioInsight Community Forums Spoken Word Programming Talk Sebastian Gorka's radio talk show.

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Basalla 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John Basalla
    Participant

I was disappointed to hear, during the last few weeks of “The Michael Medved Show” on the Salem Radio Network, that his show was going to be replaced.  Then I learned that Sebastian Gorka was going to be the new host for that time-slot.  Dr. Gorka is trying hard to make his show vibrant, but he (imho) doesn’t hold a candle to Mr. Medved.  Michael had a larger variety of topics and covered topics that Sebastian covers better than Gorka does.  Entertaining segments, that I used to look forward to, specifically Medved’s  “Disagreement Day” and “Conspiracy Day”- done when the moon is full that night – are missing from “America First with Dr. Sebastian Gorka”.  If/when Dr. Gorka begins coming up with some cool segments, I hope I’ll find out about them.  There’s a good chance I won’t because I hardly ever listen to Gorka’s new show.  When he was first on, I did give him a chance, but he wore me out, or should I say more precisely, he bored me out.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

Michael Medved had years and years of broadcast experience (both as a film reviewer, then as a local radio host in Seattle) behind him. Gorka simply doesn’t, he’s a novice that got the job because of his political ties, and overt political statement. He didn’t get the show because he can be a compelling host or worked his way up in the business.

His pre-existing baggage basically limits his audience to those who are ardent conservatives, which furthers the calcification of the format and totally takes away any/all entertainment value.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

John Basalla
    Participant

Well, this is one ardent conservative who is not listening.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php