Spectrum News 1 Ohio

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland Spectrum News 1 Ohio

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Jon Magnuson 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

santa fe
    Participant

Just came across Spectrum News 1 Ohio.  The anchor said it is less than a week old. Appears to be modeled after the Time Warner/Spectrum NY 1 news channel in New York. What do we know about it?  It seems to out Cincinnati, or do they have a local studio? Who’s running it? Who are the people on air? From what I have seen so far, their anchors and reporters are good, better than some on our local channels. Anchor said they will not focus on crime and violence stories. Repeats in roughly 30 minute blocks, much like the old all-news radio format clocks. Gee…just what our struggling TV operations need…another choice and another competitor for diminishing ad dollars. I did find an ad Spectrum posted on line for for reporters to be based in Cincinnati. Think It’s a union shop? (Bwaaahahahahaha!)

vjm1
    Participant

I’ve seen it.

No doubt that NY1 is the template for SN1 Ohio, but the idea of a statewide cable news network isn’t new.

Wasn’t that long ago we had the Dispatch owned, Columbus based Ohio News Network (ONN) being aired across the state.

Eric Jon Magnuson
    Participant

It’s part of a new wave of expansion for Spectrum News–which also includes one for Kentucky (plus bordering areas of Ohio and Indiana)…

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-spectrum-tv-local-news-20180818-story.html

For Ohio, the Spectrum News site (https://spectrumlocalnews.com) shows zones for Cincinnati (apparently not including Northern Kentucky), Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, and Toledo.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

Spectrum News – The TV version of voice-tracking just with local news instead. My understanding a lot of it is coming from out of market reporters recording stories – I would not be surprised if they don’t have a local studio in Ohio to push out the content to their local cable systems or gather local coverage to be fed.

santa fe
    Participant

A bit more digging into the News 1 want ad for Cleveland indicates they have offices and/or studios around West 3rd in downtown Cleveland. Anyone been there?

vjm1
    Participant

A bit more digging into the News 1 want ad for Cleveland indicates they have offices and/or studios around West 3rd in downtown Cleveland. Anyone been there?

Well, Time Warner/Spectrum has long had studios in town, as TWC/Spectrum Sports’ long running “More Sports and Les Levine” nightly sports chat show is broadcast from there.

So it would be only logical that SN1 Ohio would also use that real estate as well.

knowbetter

there is a facility here in Columbus, it’s interesting, it’s not located with their main facility on Olentangy Blvd.

Eric Jon Magnuson
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php