Still no all-Christmas on 93.3??

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Columbus Still no all-Christmas on 93.3??

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  radioman18 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

NuRoo2
    Participant

Hard to believe it’s already November 21 and 93.3 The Bus is still only playing a couple Christmas tunes an hour.  Their Facebook page has some upset listeners (some claiming to now be ex-listeners).  Posts on this board indicate  that last  year they went all-Christmas by Nov 5.

I wonder if their big jump in ratings in the October PPM influenced this year’s timing (5.5 -> 6.4, for #3, behind COL & NCI)?  Personally, I prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving before listening to Christmas music.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

Yes last year they flipped quite early on Nov 5th. In general this is the latest I have remembered 93.3 going without Christmas 24/7 in I don’t know how many years. I almost wonder if iHeart won’t go 24/7 Christmas this year? Crazy but they might.

I do know Sunny 95 plans to go all Christmas and of course CCM 104.9 The River and 95.9 The Fish will be all Christmas I am sure by Black Friday.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

WMJI up in Cleveland is flipping to Christmas tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9am. Maybe that’s the same course of action with The Bus – start it right on Thanksgiving weekend.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

xmusicmatt
    Participant

93.3 is all Christmas as of this morning. Not sure their flip time but it had to be before 9:30 am.

Rob Mackenzie
    Participant

Sunny 95 started Wednesday night/Thursday morning at Midnight, 93.3 The Bus started at 6am on Thursday.
    As noted, 93.3 has almost always jumped in early in November. For the last few years, Sunny has changed on Thanksgiving, just like they did this year. While both stations see a boost, WODC typically takes the crown. This year, it will be interesting to see the numbers of the December and Holiday monthlies.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

Sunny 95 started Wednesday night/Thursday morning at Midnight, 93.3 The Bus started at 6am on Thursday.
    As noted, 93.3 has almost always jumped in early in November. For the last few years, Sunny has changed on Thanksgiving, just like they did this year. While both stations see a boost, WODC typically takes the crown. This year, it will be interesting to see the numbers of the December and Holiday monthlies.

Agreed – I almost wonder if 93.3 held off because they knew Sunny wouldn’t flip early. Sunny has never been a super early flip though they have when “All Christmas” was the rage flipped earlier than Thanksgiving but generally the last few years waited till Thanksgiving.

95.9 The Fish flipped on sometime Black Friday (I am guessing at 1a ET since they air Salem’s Today’s Christian Music which runs on CT since it’s based out of Nashville) and 104.9 The River flipped at 12mid on Black Friday.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

I noticed today that AM 920/FM 95.1 WMNI is also all Christmas.

radioman18
    Participant

1049 the river and 959 the fish flipped on Friday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php