TBN gone from WDLI

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Cleveland

• Participant

As of this past Wednesday, WDLI 17 flipped from TBN to Ion Life (a cooking/DIY/lifestyle network run by ION Media).

ION – which owns Ion Television affiliate WVPX 23 – bought out WDLI from TBN earlier this year as part of the big spectrum realignment.

ION had been continuing to run TBN on WDLI – digital 23.9/virtual 17 post sale – as they were running he station via LMA immediately after the sale, but on Wednesday Sept 26, they station became theirs lock, stock and barrel, and moved Ion Life (which had long been on 23.3) over to WDLI.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that WDLI is on just about every cable package in town, and Ion wanted to move one of their own properties into that spot to give it greater exposure.

Participant

If ION ever sells 23, could they just move the main network to 17?

I’m not sure how needed ION Life is on the dial, but more power to them for snatching up a channel to buy to give more real estate to their properties.

Participant

ION actually did the same thing in Providence, Rhode Island, buying the license of a station that had sold its’ spectrum (WLWC, formerly the CW affiliate in the market and flipped into an IONLife affil) and had entered a CSA with their own O&O (WPXQ).

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

If ION ever sells 23, could they just move the main network to 17? I’m not sure how needed ION Life is on the dial, but more power to them for snatching up a channel to buy to give more real estate to their properties.

“Ch 17” was already sold, it’s now “repacked” onto 23.  So if 23 was sold both 17 & 23 would go bye-bye.

Participant

Can’t remember the last time a religious broadcaster sold to a non-religious commercial station. Usually once they’ve become a religious station, seems like they always sell to ANOTHER religious operator.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Yekimi.

Participant

Can’t remember the last time a religious broadcaster sold to a non-religious commercial station. Usually once they’ve become a religious station, seems like they always sell to ANOTHER religious operator.

TBN owner/president Matt Crouch and wife Laurie are more new school than founders/late owners Paul and Jan Crouch (Matt’s parents)…they took the money and ran, concentrating more on their digital platforms.

And WVPX wanted to use WDLI’s spot on local cable systems to get more play for their HGTV meets Food Network motif Ion Life Network.

Participant

I hope there are plans to put something else on 17 eventually.  Ion Life is pathetic.

Participant

I hope there are plans to put something else on 17 eventually. Ion Life is pathetic.

They may have heard you.

About a week or 2 ago, Ion Life completely revamped their format – gone are the cooking/DIY/home decor shows, and instead it’s become the same basic format of the main Ion Network…day long “binge” blocks of dramas/cop shows.

Difference being that big Ion has major network shows (Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, Law & Order SVU, etc.), while little brother Ion Life has a lot of Canadian imports (The Listener, Saving Hope, Rookie Blue).

Wouldn’t surprise me if sometime soon they dropped the “Ion Life” name and renamed it “Ion 2” or something similar.

Participant

Well, I suppose that’s better, although I’m not a fan of dramas/cop shows.  Wasn’t ION Life originally on 23.4?  Maybe they can put it back there and make 17 Ion 2 or whatever.  Or else add one of the popular diginets that is not currently available on a full power Cleveland/Akron station, such as This TV.

Participant

Well, I suppose that’s better, although I’m not a fan of dramas/cop shows. Wasn’t ION Life originally on 23.4? Maybe they can put it back there and make 17 Ion 2 or whatever. Or else add one of the popular diginets that is not currently available on a full power Cleveland/Akron station, such as This TV.

Ion Life was originally 23.3 (Ion’s kids network Qubo is on 23.2)

23.4 was/is all infomercials.

Participant

Well, I suppose that’s better, although I’m not a fan of dramas/cop shows. Wasn’t ION Life originally on 23.4? Maybe they can put it back there and make 17 Ion 2 or whatever. Or else add one of the popular diginets that is not currently available on a full power Cleveland/Akron station, such as This TV.

Ion Life was originally 23.3 (Ion’s kids network Qubo is on 23.2) 23.4 was/is all infomercials.

When Ion Life moved to 17.1, 23.4 became an empty channel designation as the shopping went to 23.3 and you had to rescan to get rid of the empty one.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php