The Alan Cox Show Changes

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland The Alan Cox Show Changes

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vjm1 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MediaFan85
    Participant

They just announced that Alan, Bill, Erika, and Poundcake will now be on from 2pm to 6pm instead of 3pm to 7pm.  The new time slot starts on Monday.

vjm1
    Participant

They just announced that Alan, Bill, Erika, and Poundcake will now be on from 2pm to 6pm instead of 3pm to 7pm. The new time slot starts on Monday.

Can assume that cuts an hour for Maria middays, and adds an hour to Corey Rotic in the evening.

Of course, it was probably also done to be more accommodating to the Indians and Cavs as well

Yekimi
    Participant

Indians, I could see. Cavs…..their season is over, so that doesn’t help them or WMMS. Might have done it for the Brown’s schedule later in the year, although I’d rather listen to a goat chewing tin cans then listen to a Brown’s game. Or maybe it’s because Alan is getting older and he needs to go to bed earlier nowadays.

michael p
    Participant

Indians, I could see. Cavs…..their season is over, so that doesn’t help them or WMMS. Might have done it for the Brown’s schedule later in the year, although I’d rather listen to a goat chewing tin cans then listen to a Brown’s game. Or maybe it’s because Alan is getting older and he needs to go to bed earlier nowadays.

In case you haven’t heard The Browns have not been on I Heart for several years now.  Of course with the way they have been playing I’m not surprised that some have not noticed the change in radio carriage.

MediaFan85
    Participant

The move for Alan’s show was due to the Indians and Cavs games at night.  Gives more airtime to Alan’s show, and possibly allows more time for pregame programming at 6.

Now, with music only for three hours from 11am to 2pm, should WMMS continue to rock or just plug in a talk show for three hours?

vjm1
    Participant

The move for Alan’s show was due to the Indians and Cavs games at night. Gives more airtime to Alan’s show, and possibly allows more time for pregame programming at 6.

Now, with music only for three hours from 11am to 2pm, should WMMS continue to rock or just plug in a talk show for three hours?

They’ll probably keep Maria in there to do a rock block. Remember, they had Bob and Tom on weekday mornings prior to Rover, and once Rover got there in 2008 they originally moved B & T to middays making a 13 hour talk block (with Maxwell in PMD).

That didn’t go over too well, and B & T soon went bye-bye, with Maria returning to rock between the talk shows, which has shown itself to be a winning formula.

After God knows how many years of upheaval once Jeff and Flash left, WMMS has for a solid decade now found their groove with the rock/talk/sports mancave mix.

A slight tweak is one thing (Cox from 2-6 instead of 3-7), completely removing Maria’s rock buffer between Rover and Cox is quite another, and I don’t see it happening.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php