The Battle of Gettsysburg

RadioInsight Community Forums General Topics DX & Reception The Battle of Gettsysburg

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  vchimpanzee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

vchimpanzee

When I voted (in North Carolina) it was 8:30. An hour later than that would have been last week. I was around 20 miles southeast of a 1000-watt station at 1280. But that’s not the station I heard when I got in the car. The station ID was 95.3 FM WHDR. And a commercial mentioned Gettysburg. I’ve heard this station before but farther south when the local station was farther away. A few minutes later I was picking up the local station again.

I was driving home after dark and about 15 miles from the station, which is directional at night and still 1000 watts, but in the direction toward where I was. Yet I still heard black people singing very enthusiastically about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I am aware of a gospel station on 1280 but it’s farther east and should have already been off the air for the night, or at nighttime power if they have a signal.

vchimpanzee

Correction: WHVR. I saw something about that station on another site and realized I had forgotten to look up what the letters actually were.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php