Fantastic Word Game

RadioInsight Community Forums Everything Else Everything Else Fantastic Word Game

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 1,389 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  silkie 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,390 total)
  • Author

notdarth_deleted
    Participant

When it comes to professional wrestling, the Wiz is unable to rack up the wins he is used to, but I wouldn’t know as I don’t watch that stuff, although I do have a thing for UFC, especially if viewed with a bottle of Orangina in hand and Olivia Newton John on the Muzak box.

Let’s see, who shall do the honours of bringing this thing back to life? Hmm, might as well be me, since I don’t know how long it’ll be until some of my fellow members of the R-I/RD diaspora will start funnelling in here. Hopefully at least WMC, quad and Silkie will show up within the next few days, else we may have to begin election proceedings for new Game Czars (Tsars?) and such.

By the way, I’m building from joeybabe25’s post on http://web.archive.org/web/20130720163746/http://radiodiscussions.com/smf/index.php?topic=56271.27160, as it seems to be the most recent one they have on file. If anybody remembers (or knows) what the most recent clue on the original FWG thread actually was, by all means post it here and continue building from it instead of this one. I’d do it myself, but I’ve been, uhh… living in “arbitrary exile” from RD for the last few months.

So, let’s get this thing going again.

CBers fight inequality, and for peoples' rights-
    CBers fight class prejudice - - an hamster just fights.

silkie
    Participant

Silkie the Librarian, present and accounted for.

No irony there.

notdarth_deleted
    Participant

Present and accounted for” quipped Miss Silkie, as she forgot to bold her beginning and ending clues.

Hey, great, you made it, Miss Silkie. Have you heard anything from WMC, quad and the rest of the cast of characters about migrating over here, or will they be defecting to radio-talk instead?

By the way, it appears some of the formatting tags we used on R-I/RD are supported on this WordPress forum as well, which is handy for compatibility reasons. I tried the “size=8pt” tag last night but it didn’t appear to do anything, hence the oblique type here.

DMargalotti
    Participant

“Beginning and ending clues” need to be typed in bold print but since I don’t see an easy way to do that I will just have to mark them with quotes for now as we begin “the next chapter in the life of TFWG”.

Hello Silkie and Darth, good to see you! I’m in touch with WMC, Kenny, and Quad on Facebook but not sure if they are going to make the move here. We’re sad to see 7 years of work just suddenly disappear like that!

silkie
    Participant

“The next chapter in the life of TFWG” begins with humble members of the board of directors moving like nomads, thankful that we had an international band camp director with the foresight to establish “our locations.”

No irony there.

DMargalotti
    Participant

“Our locations” may have changed but the spirit of the game and the essence of our existence remains “the same”.

scanman
    Participant

Our locations may change, but the fun can continue no matter where we end up.

Hey Hey! Since I decided to register here, I figured I’d throw in an occasional post to this new FWG thread (yes, I did ditch the old one on RD, but that’s because I ditched RD altogether).

It’s starting already (posts getting in ahead of mine)!

The same fun can be had here that was had at the original location.

DMargalotti
    Participant

No matter where we end up, up can count on someone like scanman to use the wrong clue but that’s okay, I’m just glad that our displaced members are finding their way here.

oops, misread scan’s post…not used to the new format here yet

At the original location we had 7 years worth of contributions and that’s going to be tough to duplicate.

scanman
    Participant

Duplicate the original format as closely as possible so the same level of fun can continue right here.

silkie
    Participant

“So”, it would appear that Scanman did not start with the wrong clue, but decided that he would just create partial sentences, and we would have to finish them, which is not such a good idea, considering that we are not able to know what the previous poster posted, because we are not able to see the entire thread, unless somebody can provide “instructions as to how to accomplish that task”.

No irony there.

notdarth_deleted
    Participant

Instructions to accomplish that task seem to be next to nil, but that doesn’t surprise me as this board is built on WordPress, which explains quite a lot right there.

Okay, let’s see if I can do this:

{b}Bold text{/b} = Bold text
    {i}Oblique text{/i} = Oblique text

These are actually the same formatting tags we’ve used all those years in SMF on the other forum. Only instead of selecting a button on a toolbar, you’ll need to type them by hand. (Easy for me to say, I guess, since that’s how I’d always done it on there from day one.) But that’s probably the easiest/most familiar way to get bold and oblique text on here. At least WordPress managed to get one thing right.

IMPORTANT: REPLACE THE CURLY BRACES { } SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLES ABOVE WITH SQUARE BRACKETS [ ] OR IT WON’T WORK.

EDIT ADD: And why is this software automatically capitalising the “P” in WordPress? (Probably just answered my own question.) I most certainly did NOT type it that way, as I never type things in camelcase.

scanman
    Participant

Quite a lot right there of stationary supplies you folks have in the warehouse.

Every contribution I’ve made so far has been a complete sentence. I wouldn’t even consider doing something ridiculous like posting partial sentences. Maybe the site hasn’t “synchronized” with your ISP’s server yet (or something like that).

notdarth_deleted
    Participant

<<To reach our ultimate goal of 10 000 pages>>, a collective effort must be made by all, including faculty, Game Czars (Tsars?) and the FWG University Band Camp, but I feel confident that despite the recent string of unfortunate events, <<we’ll get there eventually>>.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

I just think doubled angle brackets can be spotted more readily than quotation marks. I’ll also separate my sentence from the comments with a dotted line when using unformatted text, like I did here.

silkie
    Participant

We’ll get there eventually, but that eventuality could be hastened if we just started at Page 2,984 where we were, although there is nothing left of that band camp but a view in the rear view mirror.

————————-

It is like having the most unique of places where you live, where it is so cool that others try to think of ways to supplant you, until you finally step up and take the magic with you, leaving nothing, including sawdust and litter, to quote Melissa Manchester.

No irony there.

silkie
    Participant

Okay, I think I have it. You have to type the < and then the word strong and then >. To end the bold you just do the </ and then strong>.

No irony there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php