WBRU's 360 returns Sunday January 8 on 101.1 fm

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Rhode Island

Finally, Some noise on Providence’s 101.1. WBRU on New Years Eve. WBRU 360 has announced the return of 360 degrees beginning on Jan 8, 2018 on 101.1 fm. I guess this is still a 3 way split with WFOO and Providence Community radio. Although, if you go to the FCC website PCR’ CP does say expiring so it may still be a 2 way time share

UPDATE:1/3/18 Simulcasting of WBRU.COM According to a response I got from WBRU 360 FB. They are testing audio. Started listening at 11:30 pm and then again 2 a.m. hour it’s all WBRU.com even though at 12 midnight they were supposed to switch from  one group to the other BUT…….. Legal  at midnight was “WBRU-LP Providence, WFOO-LP FM Providence and something for Providence Community radio I guess.All 3 sets of calls in one top of the hour that I found strange but maybe because it’s a CP still. IDK.

I tuned in here and there on Sunday (1/7) and Monday (1/8) It was WBRU 360 pretty much all day Sunday, and then it sounds like the old “modern” rock (mostly 90’s tunes to my ear) on Monday.  360 seemed like it had some live DJ’s, but Monday was all automated.  Very little production.  In fact almost none, except a legal ID that’s just “WBRU-LP, WFOO-LP, WVVX-LP, Providence” spoken quickly and quietly over the music at the top of the hour.  I heard a liner every six or seven songs that was usually just “Your workday alternative” and that was it, although one did say “WBRU” in there, too.

FWIW I’m not entirely sure that legal ID is, well, legal.  Shouldn’t it be “WBRU-LP Providence, WFOO-LP Providence, WVVX-LP Providence”?  Eh, whatever.  Same for exactly how this is all working with the multiple owners and the share-time.  Legally it’s a little tricky that AS200 (WFOO-LP) and Prov Community Radio (WVVX-LP) are “outsourcing” the content to a third party like WBRU.com during the six-hour periods they have the legal ownership of the license.  Again, it’s kind of “whatever”.  Even if the letter of the law might be a bit stretched here, I feel pretty good that they’re following the spirit of the law.

FWIW, though, from the pic their engineer posted to Facebook, it appears there is only one STL in place and presumably that’s going to the WBRU.com studios at 88 Benevolent St.  So it seems that content-wise WBRU is in the drivers seat at the moment.  Of course, it’s not terribly difficult for AS220 or PCR to generate content and upload it to WBRU’s automation system (AudioVault, I think) or come over to do a show live.  Although given the total lack of anything recent about 101.1 on websites or social media from either of those two license-holders, I do kinda wonder just how involved they’re going to be with the LPFM.  (shrugs)

Ditto for “Brown Student Radio” although all the Brown students are still away for winter break, too, and will be until Jan.22nd, so I’m prepared to wait-n-see for a few weeks.  🙂

I cannot find the story but WBRU will have the station from 6 am to 2 am on Sunday.I think Providence Comunity Radio did state that.

PCR did post that they are building a studio along with AS 220 the day after the CP was set to expire.Im wondering if they are stalling.As for the legal ID airing all 3 sets at once according to Scott Fubush that is legal even though they are simulcasting Brown Broadcasting’s WBRU app. 24/7.this could be interesting to watch.I think there was a CP on 91.7 that may not have made the deadline and one of them cpuld apply I guess for that frequency. But for 100 watts its a nice solid signal going well into Warwick and still present in East Greenwich but not as strong.

I cannot find the story but WBRU will have the station from 6 am to 2 am on Sunday.I think Providence Comunity Radio did state that.

PCR did post that they are building a studio along with AS 220 the day after the CP was set to expire.Im wondering if they are stalling.As for the legal ID airing all 3 sets at once according to Scott Fubush that is legal even though they are simulcasting Brown Broadcasting’s WBRU app. 24/7.this could be interesting to watch.I think there was a CP on 91.7 that may not have made the deadline and one of them cpuld apply I guess for that frequency. But for 100 watts its a nice solid signal going well into Warwick and still present in East Greenwich but not as strong.

Right now it seems Brown Broadcasting is dominate of the frequency with BSR holding the license.

Not to confuse anyone.

Brown Broadcasting WBRU.COM is seperate from Brown Student Radio who owns the license but is simulcasting Brown Broadcasting so it appears a partnership was made

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php