WBZ Radio Sunday Nights- More Golden Age Talk Radio

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

BZRadio continues this Sunday with more Golden Age WBZ Talk radio from 10. p – 12M. From the promo it seems it will be a classic David Brudnoy Program.

Participant

With the ownership changes, I am surprised they still have full copies of these shows around.

Fybush mentioned at one time that they didn’t seem to have too much regard for the history of the station, and lots of things were getting tossed in the trash that might have some historical impact.

Glick told the story of grabbing a whole bunch of old logger tapes of his program as they were getting trashed.  He kept them in his garage for awhile until he dumped them.

Participant

It’s admittedly a cute idea, but a part of me has the feeling that they’ll eventually fill those times with syndicated fare or brokered programming.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

“classic David Brudnoy Program.”

It was Larry. It would be tough to hear David again but worth it.

Participant

MWJR mentioned that there’ll be Glick, Brudnoy, Leveille, Sullivan & Raleigh shows being played in the weeks ahead.

I’m skeptical that topical talks shows from the past will really be all that great to hear again.

Participant

I wonder if I♡Radio really thinks it’s been worthwhile to have been promoing the crap out of their music awards show to elderly insomniacs these past several weeks.

Participant

I wonder if I♡Radio really thinks it’s been worthwhile to have been promoing the crap out of their music awards show to elderly insomniacs these past several weeks.

a.) It builds the “brand”…a variety of radio to fit everybody and anybody.
    b.) There is a need to fill empty avails.
    c.) Not all late nighters are elderly.
    d.) I’ts free.

Participant

Yes WRKO has also run those “iHeartMusic Awards” spots.It is pushing the brand, as are spots for other iHR stations in the cluster.

Some WBZ newscasters showed up on RKO (including in breaking news situations like the Lawrence gas explosions.So they’re rerunning old talk shows.Classic rock? No, classic talk.WTKK 96.9 used to do this with more recent stuff–“radio rewinds”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php