WDLI and WVPX

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland WDLI and WVPX

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vjm1 5 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MediaFan85
    Participant

I guess they are now sister stations as ION has purchased WDLI and three other TBN stations.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/mobile/index/article/id/114265

skiwest
    Participant

So what does this mean for viewers?

michael p
    Participant

I read that it has to do with must-carry.  WDLI sold their frequency but retained the license.

vjm1
    Participant

I read that it has to do with must-carry. WDLI sold their frequency but retained the license.

Exactly.

WDLI is essentially hitching a ride with WVPX (23.9 officially, 17 virtually) to remain up and running over the air, and most importantly still “must carry” on Spectrum and the other cable carriers in NEO.

All the TBN subchannels are gone however (though HillStrong Channel is part of the Spectrum digital package in the 380s).

But bottom line, the main TBN network is still seen locally both over the air and on cable, so it’s a win-win for TBN (carriage + cash)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php