Weird newscast

RI Community Forums West Coast Oregon Weird newscast

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of notdarth_deleted notdarth_deleted 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vchimpanzee
    vchimpanzee
    Participant

I found out I could hear something reasonably close to my favorite music on KKOV Vancouver/Portland.

It seems to be little more than a computer in a closet. The station is notorious for inserting commercials or public service announcements into the middle of songs or starting commercials at such a time that they end in the middle of Chas Henry’s newscast. Sometimes even the legal station ID gets left out.

So I wonder if anyone has an explanation for this. A few minutes ago it was time for the news at the top of the hour, usually done by Chas Henry. All I heard was Obama’s voice, talking like he was being interviewed as he prepares to leave office. No introduction, no ending (a commercial just up and started at the appropriate time). It sounded like someone just dropped into the middle of whatever this was and then left it.

Profile photo of notdarth_deleted
    notdarth_deleted
    Participant

"So I wonder if anyone has an explanation for this."

Yeah. Welcome to satellite-fed commercial radio in the 2010s.

CBers fight inequality, and for peoples' rights-
    CBers fight class prejudice - - an hamster just fights.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar