WENT 1340/105.1 GLOVERSVILLE JOHNSTOWN UPGRADING EQUIPMENT

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

WENT, which was sold to Michael Shaus last year is upgrading to digital equipment, computers, etc. They were still using carts, records, and cd players. See the article in the Gloversville-Johnstown Leader-Herald. http://www.leaderherald.com.

Participant

Too bad that Walmart isn’t going to need greeters anymore….

Participant

Whats Walmart not using greeters anymore got to do with this? The new owner has indicated that the programming on WENT will not change, just the equipment delivering it.

Participant

Whats Walmart not using greeters anymore got to do with this? The new owner has indicated that the programming on WENT will not change, just the equipment delivering it.

QuoteQuote                        For how long??? I hear that station is fully staffed and live 18 hours a day. Do you really expect that to continue??? Their competitor….WFNY-1440 is fully automated and has a much better signal too…

Participant

Upgrading to digital equipment cart machines and CD players from the last century is a serious upgrade. I didn’t know there were stations still using this antiquated technology. But, I guess being a small station in a small town they could not afford the new computer based equipment.
    Actually , the new equipment will simplify voice tracking, and automated operation.
    I am well outside their service area, but I bet that is the way they will end up going. Big stations in big markets do it, so I don’t see how a station in Gloverville up in the Adirondacks could afford be remain live & local miuch of the day.

Participant

Upgrading to digital equipment cart machines and CD players from the last century is a serious upgrade. I didn’t know there were stations still using this antiquated technology. But, I guess being a small station in a small town they could not afford the new computer based equipment. Actually , the new equipment will simplify voice tracking, and automated operation. I am well outside their service area, but I bet that is the way they will end up going. Big stations in big markets do it, so I don’t see how a station in Gloverville up in the Adirondacks could afford be remain live & local miuch of the day.

I have been familiar with WENT since 1964 when I moved to Fulton County.   My primary residence is just over into Saratoga County (21 yrs.) Most of the staff at WENT are locals who are very dedicated to their community. They are not out to make the big bucks a larger station would pay. Local and national news, music programing, high school and pro sports keep this station going. If they used satellite or automated programing for music and just national network news would only trash this station. Two other local stations, WIZR and WFNY just do not do as well with their programming.

Participant

Upgrading to digital equipment cart machines and CD players from the last century is a serious upgrade. I didn’t know there were stations still using this antiquated technology. But, I guess being a small station in a small town they could not afford the new computer based equipment. Actually , the new equipment will simplify voice tracking, and automated operation. I am well outside their service area, but I bet that is the way they will end up going. Big stations in big markets do it, so I don’t see how a station in Gloverville up in the Adirondacks could afford be remain live & local miuch of the day.

I have been familiar with WENT since 1964 when I moved to Fulton County. My primary residence is just over into Saratoga County (21 yrs.) Most of the staff at WENT are locals who are very dedicated to their community. They are not out to make the big bucks a larger station would pay. Local and national news, music programing, high school and pro sports keep this station going. If they used satellite or automated programing for music and just national network news would only trash this station. Two other local stations, WIZR and WFNY just do not do as well with their programming.

I am all for radio the way it was, many local stations each with their own unique sound and air personalities. I truly wish it was still that way.
    But, as our economy has changed, with big chains pushing out locally owned business it has become very difficult. I have vacationed in the area, and have listened to WENT. I also remember visiting Gloversville, when they actually made gloves there. All this make it difficult for small stations like WENT to pay the bills, or purchase new equipment.
    I wish them the best of luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php