WEOL afternoon changes???

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland WEOL afternoon changes???

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Basalla 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jimh
    Participant

Heard a promo/want ad on WEOL today saying that they want an afternoon show host. Is this for WEOL or another station in their group?  And if it is WEOL, would that be to replace Clark Howard(hopefully not), or Sean Hannity? Can’t see how a paying a local host is cheaper than carrying Clark Howard, but would not surprise me if the local host is less money than carrying Sean Hannity.

MediaFan85
    Participant

Who would be a good personality for the job?

John Basalla
    Participant

Somebody who can talk both local and national issues, and has a good handle on local area sports as WEOL covers a lot of that.

John Basalla
    Participant

As of the start of the new year, “The Sean Hannity” live, afternoon drive show has been dropped by WEOL.  As a place holder, Fox Sports Radio has been airing.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I’m curious about what time slot this new show will have. Is it 3p-6p (or 6:30 on Cavs and Indians nights) or from 5p-7p, with Fox’s Jay Mohr plugged in as a lead-in?

Regardless, it’s nice to finally see some infusion of resources for WEOL. They’ve been running at the barest of bones for the past decade…

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

John Basalla
    Participant

And this infusion of resources indicates that things are happily going well for AM930, WEOL.

John Basalla
    Participant

I don’t know if we can say that WEOL has been running at “the barest of bones for over a decade”.  They have been deeply active in doing play-by-play of local area school sports… so much so that, often, when they have a game on-air, there are up to two other games being covered on-line.  Additionally, I’ve heard them even do some middle school games.  To do all that takes some infusion of resources.  It’s nice to know that, seemingly, sales of spots on these broadcasts is good, which helps them move to adding more local content.  I’m hoping they will be able to sell time on their new show quickly.  My guess is that the local afternoon drive show will start at 3:00pm, after the local and ABC news.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php