WEZW-93.1: First In War, First In Peace, First With Christmas Music

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: New Jersey

It’s (by my count) 66 days until Christmas (I’m writing this on October 21st, 2017) and while the weather in much of the East Coast is reminiscent of late August, there is one place where the all-Christmas radio format has begun for another year.

As you’ve probably guessed, it’s WEZW-93.1 in southeastern New Jersey.

At this writing, their website does’t have an all-Christmas look, but there was an image (perhaps also on their Facebook page) showing a Jack-O’Lantern wearing a Santa cap!

WEZW will likely be alone in the United States as regards broadcasting an all-Christmas format for the next eleven days. But on November 1st, the deluge will really begin (and I think a lot of stations may take the plunge this year earlier than in the past) and will intensify as we go further into that month.

In my original post, I should have credited our own Lance Venta, who posted this information on the Radio Insight.com homepage this past weekend (October 20th-22nd).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php