What does everyone think about G 98.7 in Bluefield?

RI Community Forums Mid-Atlantic West Virginia What does everyone think about G 98.7 in Bluefield?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  radioman1987 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

radioman1987
    Participant

Classic hip-hop is in the Bluefield, Princeton radio market. And I want to know what your thoughts are.

radioman1987
    Participant

That’s the same question I’ve been asking. Can alpha media sell this audience? I know I’m here now, but will everybody else in the market and as far as advertising go get everything done. Well, it looks like it.

Charles Everett
    Participant

Why are y’all excited about it? This is a 24/7 satellite format on AM + translator in a backwoods town. It’ll be no threat to the major players.

radioman1987
    Participant

While I agree with both of you, they shouldn’t have tried it. However I think it will last. The one question that seems to go for me is… How come they are putting it on an a.m. station. We have the FM translator, but why put it on the a.m.? The one thing that they are doing, is they are definitely putting the high school sports in. I wish they could put the 98.7 frequency in stereo. That way they can be hurt a little more.

Charles Everett
    Participant

Because a lot of people on this board get excited about Rap Oldies (and no, I do not use weasel words). It’s become like heroin for the industry — a quick high and then a long crash.

Bluefield is in a very conservative region where a CHR station once banned a national #1 song because of the artist’s name.

radioman1987
    Participant

I may be new to this board, and I also may be new to this state, but I have never heard of a single CHR station especially in this market, banning one song. And just to ask, what song was it? And which CHR radio station was it? Was it J10 4.5? Although J10 4.5 is a hot AC station that claims to be CHR. But it was interesting to know. Thanks Charles.

elcartero
    Participant

I think it was “Right Here Right Now”, by Jesus Jones. And WCIR was the station.

radioman1987
    Participant

I didn’t know why no three CIR, (103.7 FM), was the station. Sorry that’s 103 CIR. But that station is like a signal strength for. Isn’t it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar