what happened to WRCR ?

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Hudson Valley / Albany what happened to WRCR ?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Warren Hodges Jr 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lilj

hey folks i’ve been meaning to post this a while ago, but i was wondering   what happened to 1700 WRCR  ?  i notice that they’re off the air now, did they run out of money or something ?, last i heard them,,they had gone back to English speaking programming in the morning ,, then the ethnic Indian music and talk the rest of the day,,,,, thanks lilJ

Tom McNally
    Participant

from the FCC web site:

Exhibit 1
    Description: BASIS FOR SILENT STA REQUEST

ON JULY 25, 2017, LICENSEE FILED A TECHNICAL STA (FILE NO. BSTA-20170725ABF, GRANTED ON AUGUST 16, 2017) TO OPERATE FROM AN ALTERNATE SITE DUE TO THE FACT THAT ITS TRANSMISSION SITE LEASE HAD BEEN TERMINATED AND IT WAS SUBJECT TO AN EVICTION ORDER. ON AUGUST 7, 2017, THE TRANSMISSION SITE OWNER CUT POWER TO THE SITE FORCING WRCR OFF THE AIR. LICENSEE IS IN THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING APPROVAL FROM THE ALTERNATE SITE OWNER (ATC) FOR CONSTRUCTION OF THOSE FACILITIES WHICH WERE APPROVED IN THE AFOREMENTIONED STA. WHILE AN EXACT TIME FRAME FOR COMPLETION OF THE APPROVAL AND CONSTRUCTION PROCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE, IT IS ESTIMATED TO BE IN THE RANGE OF 30-60 DAYS. THE COMMISSION WILL BE NOTIFIED ONCE WRCR IS RETURNED TO THE AIR WITH ITS AUTHORIZED TEMPORARY FACILITIES.

MTN Productions
    Participant

The only place you can listen to WRCR is online at http://www.wrcr.com

TVRadio1972
    Participant

The only place you can listen to WRCR is online at http://www.wrcr.com

WRCR has returned to 1700 AM.  Here is the link to the aircheck that I posted on YouTube.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  TVRadio1972.

freddy freihofer
    Participant

Be interesting to find out what power etc this station returned to air with. No info yet on “Radio Locator”.

Warren Hodges Jr
    Participant

This was just a technical sign on to keep the license alive ? I expected WRCR to be back with reduced power. I checked the FCC website to see how much. And found this resumption of operations notice .

Exhibit 3
    Description: FACILITIES USED FOR RESUMPTION OF OPERATION

LICENSEE RESUMED OPERATION WITH ITS LICENSE FACILITIES AT 6 A.M. ON JULY 25, 2018. ALTHOUGH LICENSEE HAD BEEN EVICTED FROM ITS LICENSED TRANSMISSION SITE BY THE SITE OWNER, LICENSEE WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO RESUME OPERATIONS FOR APPROXIMATELY 48 HOURS FROM ITS LICENSED SITE FOR THE LIMITED PURPOSE OF PRESERVING THE WRCR LICENSE UNTIL SUCH TIME AS LICENSEE RECEIVES LICENSE AUTHORIZATION FOR AN ALTERNATE TRANSMISSION SITE. IN THAT REGARD, LICENSEE HAS EXECUTED AN AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE AN EXISTING TRANSMISSION SITE AND TRANSMISSION TOWER AND ANTICIPATES BEING ABLE TO FILE A MODIFICATION APPLICATION AND STA REQUEST TO MOVE TO THE NEW SITE SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER AFTER THE SITE PURCHASE TRANSACTION HAS BEEN CLOSED.
    Attachment 3

This was followed by a remain silent application dated 7/30/2018.

Be interesting to find out what power etc this station returned to air with. No info yet on “Radio Locator”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php