What Is Happening With WPLJ

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: New York / Long Island

• Participant

I was under the impression that the recent, still pending Cumulus , stations were to be LMA under there new owners until the sale is complete .I know this has occured to 94.7 WNSH even though I can’t hear them due to a local co-channel LPFM.
    I have not heard much talk about WPLJ. Their web site appears business as usual. At my home just north of Poughkeepsie , I have just a severe clash between equal ( more or less) distant co-channel on 95.5, WPLJ and B95 WYJB Albany.

Participant

WNSH is being operated by Entercom under a LMA until the sale closes.

There is no LMA for WPLJ. It’s expected to operate as normal until the sale to EMF closes. At that time it will switch to the K-Love feed. To the uninformed listeners, it’s business as usual at PLJ. Nothing has been mentioned on the air.

Air 1 is expected to move from 96.7 HD2 to the main 96.7 signal.

Participant

The sales of WPLJ, WRQX, WYAY, KFFG and two other stations to EMF are for all intents and purposes a package deal. As was the trade of WNSH to Entercom for Entercom’s Indianapolis cluster and cash.

What’s funny is that WRQX and WYAY staff have disclosed their respective sales and impending format flips. Very likely that PLJ management put an embargo on their staff and not anyone from Atlanta.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

WYAY is a talk station. It would be hard to dump out of every call wanting to talk about the looming changes.

It’s a little easier on music intensive formats where everything is pre-screened and scripted. PLJ, in particular seems so robotic and lacking in spontaneity and personality.

Participant

Participant

I read on Radio Ink that EMF will keep the WPLJ calls on 95.5 at least in the short term.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php