What of 103.9 and 103.5 now?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

With Q103’s rock format moving to 105.7, what is in store for 103.9 and 103.5 now?

Participant

Times_Union:

“Classic rock music station WQBK is moving from 103.5 and 103.9 FM to 105.7 FM, formerly Alt 105.7. The alternative format will take a summer break, said Brand Manager Steve Richards, while the transmitter is upgraded. Alt will then broadcast at 103.5 and 103.9.”

Participant

When alternative  ends up on 103.5 / 103.9, the format will better surround Pamal’s  104.9. Also, with 103.5 having a rimshot into Utica, it will give that area the alternative  format, something it does not have in that city now.

Participant

I wonder how much longer 104.9 will continue with its Alt format, though (I wonder if they’ve been welcoming former 105.7 listeners too)? Alt 105.7 to be fair was doing better in the ratings than 104.9 is (104.9 hasn’t even cracked a 1 share)

Participant

I wonder how much longer 104.9 will continue with its Alt format, though (I wonder if they’ve been welcoming former 105.7 listeners too)? Alt 105.7 to be fair was doing better in the ratings than 104.9 is (104.9 hasn’t even cracked a 1 share)

They are now referring to themselves as Albany’s Only Alternative…

Participant

When alternative ends up on 103.5 / 103.9, the format will better surround Pamal’s 104.9. Also, with 103.5 having a rimshot into Utica, it will give that area the alternative format, something it does not have in that city now.

Utica does have K-Rock at 94.9….

Participant

When I looked  up Utica, K-Rock was listed as Rock, I was looking for the Alternative designation and did not find it on Radio-Locator.

Participant

I thought K-Rock was more active rock than modern rock? (sometimes I wonder if 103.5 would be better off specifically targeting the Mohawk Valley rather than just simulcasting 103.9 too)

Participant

Participant

103.9 the Breeze… what’s this mean for B95 and Magic? Also Alt has moved to 103.5

Participant

It means 44 years of heritage as a Rock station down the toilet…WQBK-FM became a full time Rock station in August, 1975…103.5-WQBJ was added 25 years ago in the summer of 1994….

Participant

So Alternative Rock on 103.5??? That signal covers places that you film a sequel of Deliverance… That’s not going to go well…

Participant

As of now, 103.9 is now a soft AC format called “The Breeze”. I have not listened to the station yet, and there is no official website at the moment, and this is the station where is going to compete with both “B 95.5” and WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” for its oldies/classic hits blend.

This is the first soft AC format to make its way to the Capitol region. I hope the Hudson Valley will be next to go soft AC and I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

The article is down below.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/188353/townsquare-albany-ny-launches-ac-103-9-the-breeze-

Participant

Might 103.9 be joining B95 and TRY this Christmas in playing Christmas music too I wonder? (also might the Cat say bye bye and force Magic back to 100.9 due to new competition?)

Participant

Ok, a couple of thoughts without going into a detailed history of these stations or other longwinded diatribe…

I just dont get the move of rock from the 103.9 stick. Did Q103 drop off the ratings cliff or something? Ok, so it’s landed on a better stick and can be heard. It’s 2019, not 1975… That’s acceptable.

103.9 The Breeze – I like the idea of Soft AC returning to market after a longgggg absence, even if it is corporate cookiecutter Townsquare fare. It’s a welcome sign that the over 40 crowd is being acknowledged to exist and not just on an AM/FX combo. Musically, it’s leaving me flat. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. 10000 songs commercial free = the lights are on but nobody’s home. Automation heaven, for the moment anyway. Won’t hurt Magic though.. or much, anyhow.

103.5 “Albany’s New Alternative”..aka ALT:  oh FFS – Townsquare, you aren’t kidding anybody. Talk about giving the Mohawk Valley one BIG ass middle finger. You have the opportunity to put a mainstream format on a big FM signal in a region that has lacked such for decades, and you lame duck it with another shitty – yes shitty – out-of-town radio station that’ll pull… what, a 0.4 share?  Geez, you may as well sign it off and save yourselves the monthly power bill. What a goddamned waste of 50kw – which oddly enough cant even be listened to clearly in the city of Albany.  Here’s an idea…. put WIBX on it. At least you’ll have a few folks having a reason to tune it in.   /rant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php