Where I Am With Jesus Radio Selma

RI Community Forums Southeast Alabama Where I Am With Jesus Radio Selma

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Just filed a new app., so I can relocate the antenna and transmitter to the studio building in Selma.  Waiting now to get it approved, so I can start building.  Things have been a bit hectic in my home.  My father is now recovering from a recent knee replacement surgery, for those who don’t visit the other site and wasn’t aware.  Glad things are going right on this.

I’m excited over this new LPFM start up.  Not too thrilled with the content.  I wanted all CCM.  However due to other factors, beyond my own control, the musical content will feature songs for both the young and old populace here.  Sorry about that.

I hope to begin broadcasting before December 2016.

The rebirth of my hometown is fixing to happen.

Excited over it.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Selma's Christian Music Leader
    A Broadcast Ministry of People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Inc., of Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Here’s where I’m taking the radio station.  My goal is to cater to the underserved Contemporary Christian, Southern, Bluegrass, Country, Hymns, Instrumental and Worship Gospel style and audience.  If you’re hinting for me to do another presentation of mass choir/Spiritual based tunes, not happening.  A sixth presentation would be an overkill here.  Someone would have to take a big hit and I would be the one.  By me playing those songs, that would put me in direct competition with the other five stations who are already doing it.  Besides I made promise to a local radio friend, myself and God that I wouldn’t copy everyone else on purpose.  Most of my presentation is going to be musical in nature, with six local Church services, being heard. (3 on Saturdays and 3 on Sundays)

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    A Broadcast Ministry of People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Inc., of Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Sorry for misunderstanding you.  I’m glad you take up for the Christian Hip-Hop tunes too.  I love those songs and see nothing wrong with them.

Now with that being stated, here’s the reasons behind my hybrid mix idea.

My goal was to be a full time CCM player here.  I was going to fulfill a dream and use this radio station to help share the Gospel with the 18-54 year old crowd.  Over the past few years, my dreams were shattered.  People of all kinds started coming into the picture and told me what singers and styles they wanted me to play.  First it was just my mother.  I had no intentions of doing just for her.  However, when more people came along, they made their requests known too.  There was a few requests, these people kept giving me.  One by one, I kept hearing them say we want Bill Gaither, Southern, Bluegrass, Country, Hymns and Instrumental type songs.  Had some of these requesters to give me some of the CD’s they wanted to hear.  As time carried on, spoke with some radio people here.  One told me let me plant a seed into your head Dan.  If you do songs for the older folks, you’d fare better.  That’s where most of your support will come from.  I made a suggestion, to a former radio person and told him that I wanted to block out time for the Rock and Rap tunes.  He talked me out of it, saying Dan it would be a train wreck.  (Once worked for Moody, Mr. Bruce)  Some from my own family are still telling me, if I do some music for the older crowd, this radio station will perform very well.  The youth have no money to give you son.  Your financial support won’t come from them.  Their thinking is Selma doesn’t have enough of a market to support a full time CCM station.  I still contend it does.  With all those factors in play, going hybrid is where I’m starting.  I know that some will be offended by the presentation but I’m going give this idea a chance and see where God lead me.  If it works then I’ll keep it.  If not, then I’ll tweak the presentation. (With my own mother giving in, if I do go full time CCM)

Now concerning the Christian Rock and Rap idea.  Here was and still is my thinking on it.  If I played those songs between 9 P.M. and 3 A.M. daily, would this work or be a train wreck?  I want to run with this idea and prove to the former Moody person, that this will ultimately work.

Now if anyone wants to help me turn WPJB-LP into a full time CCM station, with the Rock and Rap tunes being heard from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M. and can convince me that God wants this, I welcome it.

Let’s talk about the Christian Rap idea too.  One local radio station tried to play some, on Friday and Saturday nights, for a spell.  That program was met with little support and much resistance.  The DJ was playing a head bobber by my good friend Mr. LeCrae (Not ashamed to call him that) and one person called that radio station and asked who’s that?  The DJ told the caller who it was and started the song over again.  The caller was not too happy with the song anyway.  He was an older person, that didn’t get the Ministry and music of that talented rapper, that I still love and respect to this day.

Help me Mr. Bruce and anyone else reading turn Jesus Radio into a full time CCM player.  I want it to still happen.  If you can help, let me know.  Pray hard that God will ultimately allow me to go full time CCM and leave the traditional tunes behind, on purpose.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

The new app. has been approved.  Fixing to get busy and build.  Will begin life as a hybrid mix of SG and CCM.  Plans call for me to ultimately go full time CCM.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of borderblaster
    borderblaster
    Participant

If it were me, and claiming no special word from God, I’d ask “What potential audience is within a mile of the transmitter?”. An LPFM isn’t going to give city wide coverage.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Great news everyone.  Fixing to start building around July the 5th.  Now working on making it happen.

In other news…Selma is fixing to get two more new radio stations.  Can’t tell you who’s bringing them or what the content will be yet.  Stay tuned and I’ll keep you posted.

Things are fixing to get very exciting here in my hometown.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Park Avenue is getting very exciting.  The new radio station is now officially in the building stage.  Just got my hands on the donated tower.  Will be resurrected sometime next week, behind my studio.  While I was claiming it, me and my builder discovered it had an antenna on it.  He’s now working on getting it tuned to 93.3 FM.  Once I get this other donated antenna, then I’ll have two.  One for current use and the other for a back up.

Hope to be on before December 2016.  Excited that things are now picking up for me and Jesus Radio.  Ready to begin broadcasting.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Sorry for being so late with Jesus Radio.  Things haven’t gone according to plan.  Next month, things are about to get busy on Park Avenue.  That’s when I plan on building this radio station.  The builder contacted me today and explained why he was behind.  Pray for his wife.  (Mrs. Bessie Hammond)  She’s having heart issues.  The doctors are now working on resolving it.  Hope she’ll fully recover and Mr. Keith will come and help me get this radio station on and running.  Look forward to bringing it to you, sometime in December or early January.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

My builder just contacted me again.  His wife is getting better.  Hope to start building, within the next week or two.  If anyone reading can help me snag a transmitter, that would be awesome.  If it could be donated and in great condition that would be exciting indeed.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Just got my hands on a free transmitter.  Now going to build the radio station, so I can claim and then use it.  If anyone reading can help me get a 20 watt exciter to go with it, let me know.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Just found the Exciter, I need.  It’s coming from Mr. Leo Ashcraft’s LPFM Radio Store.  Once I get it, then I’ll begin building.  Hope to be on by Mid January 2017.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Now working on building Jesus Radio Selma.  Hope to be on by late January.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Just got the antenna.

It’s a SWR brand (Service With Reliability)

Spent money to have it shipped here.

God just blessed me with most of that money in return.

As Chris Tomlin and Laura Story would say, we serve an Amazing God. (Taken from their hit song called Indescribable)

Dan <><

P.S. God’s Word to me is simple. Dan I want Selma to have Jesus Radio. No one is talking me out of it.

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Beachguy
    Beachguy
    Participant

Dan, while it may not be my thing, I sincerely hope you succeed in getting it going as you wish. I think it is a tremendously good thing you’re doing.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Within the next few days, Jesus Radio Selma is signing on.  Stay tuned.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar