Who will deck the halls first?

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland Who will deck the halls first?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jtakach9818 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vjm1
    Participant

Well, it’s getting to be that time of year again…the Christmas music will soon be front, center, and plentiful.

In Cleveland, the traditional participants in 24/7 yuletide are WDOK Star 102.1, WMJI Majic 105.7, and WFHM 95.5 The Fish.

So who flips first and when?

David
    Participant

My 101.7 will be the first to switch. They’ve gone all Christmas as of 9am this morning.

vjm1
    Participant

My 101.7 will be the first to switch. They’ve gone all Christmas as of 9am this morning.

That’s Canton…I was more interested in the Cleveland stations, as we’ll essentially have 3 stations doing the same thing.

David
    Participant

Star 102 has officially flipped to Christmas as of this morning. Making them the first for Cleveland.

vjm1
    Participant

Star 102 has officially flipped to Christmas as of this morning. Making them the first for Cleveland.

And there’s our winner.

Majic and The Fish will be there no later than Thanksgiving.

ryanzwol

WMJI has flipped the switch to all Christmas this morning right after “The Nolan, Malone and Kulik Morning Show”.

jimh

WMJI has flipped the switch to all Christmas this morning right after “The Nolan, Malone and Kulik Morning Show”.

Which means WDOK, WHOF, and WMJI will be off my listening for the next 5 weeks.

vjm1
    Participant

We’re waiting on you now, Fish, to complete the trifecta.

jtakach9818
    Participant

I was surprised to hear Star 102 make the switch yesterday, considering last year’s big to-do with the I-X Christmas Connection and the broadcast tie-in with Fox 8 in the Morning. Come to find out (I’ve been away from Fox 8 all week) that Kenny’s on nights this week and everyone else is “Kickin’ It” in his place, so that’s probably why they decided to do it on their own, without the tie-in at the Christmas Connection.

I just wish 102 would expand their playlist. You’d think, being “Cleveland’s Official Christmas Music Station,” they’d go all-out and play some different songs than what sounds like a 75-track library. (It’s probably more, but it gets repetitious, no matter how much I love Kelly Clarkson and “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” Why not play the Mariah/Bieber version of that song, or more of Kelly’s Christmas hits? She had a whole album and, like, four separate single releases.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php