WHVW Gets CP For FM Translator

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Hudson Valley / Albany WHVW Gets CP For FM Translator

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tom McNally 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Warren Hodges Jr
    Participant

I Thought 950 WHVW was out of the FM Translator mix when they ceded MXed 107.9 to WKNY, Kingston How many frequencies can there be with WKIP stuck on useless 98.5.
    Well he found one, a month ago WHVW owner Joseph Ferraro was granted a construction permit for a directional 15 watt translator on 96.5. There is a significant east null. The antenna which is only 12 meters above ground level and has a 0 HATT will be located off Tobin Drive in the town of Clinton Corners NY,( near the Taconic Parkway) several miles northeast of the WHVW tower. It is a bit more northeast than the poorly located original WHVW-FM (now WCZX) site, which was hard to listen too anywhere south of it, even in Hyde Park. Hopefully this will work out better. The theoretical map shows decent coverage of Hyde Park and Poughkeepsie. The WCZX tower was relocated to Illinois Mountain in the 1990’s
    Also speaking of the WHVW tower, it recently received a fresh coat of paint, the first in several decades. The old paint was so faded it was barely visible, with little difference between the red and white.
    Either Joseph Ferraro is feeling flush these days taking on these two expenses, or he was notified he must paint the aging tower.

cspence
    Participant

Has to be most be the most unusual, eclectic station I’ve ever heard. I travel the Thruway several times a year and always tune in to see if Pirate Joe is still on the air. It’s a real shoestring operation with no way of creating any revenue. How does Joe stay on the air? Must be an expensive hobby.

Warren Hodges Jr
    Participant

Has to be most be the most unusual, eclectic station I’ve ever heard. I travel the Thruway several times a year and always tune in to see if Pirate Joe is still on the air. It’s a real shoestring operation with no way of creating any revenue. How does Joe stay on the air? Must be an expensive hobby.

I wonder the same thing. Perhaps he time leases some dayparts. The strange mix of hillbilly blues to classical evenings
    ( not sure if he still does that) is not something I can listen to. However WHVW does have a loyal if miniscule audience.

Tom McNally
    Participant

a month ago WHVW owner Joseph Ferraro was granted a construction permit for a directional 15 watt translator on 96.5. There is a significant east null. The antenna which is only 12 meters above ground level and has a 0 HATT will be located off Tobin Drive in the town of Clinton Corners NY,

Just to clarify, W243EI is  ** 150 ** watts, not 15, HAAT is 23 meters, you have to hit the calculate button.   The Tobin Drive address is the owner’s home, so I would think it might be a temporary place holder until something higher that works is found.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php