Why are IHeart’s HD Subs neglected

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Detroit / Michigan Why are IHeart’s HD Subs neglected

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dugan 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dugan
    Participant

Here in Detroit it seems that almost every day at least one of  IHeart radio’s HDSub channels happens to be down or  has bad quality ,this week it seems like WKQI 95.5 HD 2 is low in volume and I mean really low and WDTW 106.7 HD 3 keeps cutting out ,you would think someone at the studio would take care of these problems it just seems like nobody cares about HD Radio.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

The HD subchannels exist more or less to feed FM translators or to help with lower music licensing fees for the iHeart app. Other than that, HD Radio is a totally broken concept.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

dugan
    Participant

I do agree with you ,it was only created by big broadcasters in the 90’s because they feared satellite radio was going to hurt AM and FM radio, low and behold it didn’t so now no one cares about HD Radio and I’m glad it’s a lousy technology.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php