Why has this board been inactove for so long?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

If it weren’t for nifty850 today, this board would not have had a new post in OVER THREE WEEKS!

Where the h-e-double-hockeysticks has everyone been? Nothing on Boston radio piqued your interest?

And while I’m ranting, it looks like the bostonradiowatch blogspot has gone into radio silence again; been OVER THREE MONTHS since that site’s been updated.

Participant

Simply put, there’s a serious, serious waning interest in the industry at large.

Add to that another well-run board site that has weathered a great deal (including being inactive for a few months due to a snafu in ownership control) competing for a slice of the pie… and it’s not a surprise that there’s little traffic beyond here and the Cleveland board.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

the “other board” seems to get all the action, plus there are hundreds of groups on social media, including mine that has 6,126 members and is quite active.  Probably 20 new posts a day

Participant

Where the h-e-double-hockeysticks has everyone been? Nothing on Boston radio piqued your interest?

Apathy about all forms of radio is at an all time high. From listners, and those in the business as well. Noty just broadcast radio (which is pretty bland right now), but all forms of radio, AM, FM, Sirius, XM, HD, CB, SWL, Scanners, Ham, etc.

The question is there enough interest to support TWO discussion boards?

Seems barely enough interest to support one! 😉

Participant

Wow, I heard you all loud and clear. I realize the other message board has more members who (like myself) post more, but what you all are saying is that interest in radio broadcasting of ANY kind is diminished greatly, and that’s sad. Probably true, but sad nonetheless.

I suspect the bostonradiowatch blog could fold any day now. And this site won’t be too far behind, no?

Participant

the “other board” seems to get all the action, plus there are hundreds of groups on social media, including mine that has 6,126 members and is quite active. Probably 20 new posts a day

Radio-Discussions has been around for far longer. Quite a few posters here post there, too.

Participant

I know why the community exists in the first place, but it just hasn’t caught on beyond the Cleveland and (to an extent) Boston boards. And when someone calls out others on the Boston board for not posting, there’s a problem…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php