Why is WXBT's HD channel showing up in 12-plus ratings but not WXBT?

RadioInsight Community Forums Southeast South Carolina Why is WXBT's HD channel showing up in 12-plus ratings but not WXBT?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Jon Magnuson 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vchimpanzee
    Participant

If WXBT’s HD channel is really more popular than WXBT then WXBT should switch to urban oldies.

Eric Jon Magnuson
    Participant

Not to be flippant, but it’s probably an error by Nielsen and/or iHeart.  Since the latest ratings were released a couple of days ago, you may want to wait about a week and check again.

vchimpanzee
    Participant

The site I went to is the same one I’ve reported errors to over and over only to see them never get corrected.

Tom McNally
    Participant

well … it’s apparent that the translator on 105.5 W288CX, 250 watts at 500 feet is rebroadcasting WXBT HD-2.   The ratings don’t come from the HD, but from the translator.   Nothing surprising about that.   Typically Nielsen combines AM/HD-x/Translator into whichever station the subscriber requests, but usually HD over translator.

gocincy
    Participant

As a sidenote, Nielsen does not report translators (simply because it can’t report the unique call letters of translators).  Any translator repeating an HD2 would result in the HD2 being reported in the data.

Eric Jon Magnuson
    Participant

The site I went to is the same one I’ve reported errors to over and over only to see them never get corrected.

I just rechecked Radio Online and StationRatings.com, and both still don’t have the main WXBT.  (I don’t have an account at All Access.)  Since the problem appears to be on multiple sites, reporting the omission to the sites might not work–as the issue would involve the raw data/results that are provided by Nielsen to the sites.

Beyond that, I don’t think that WXBT was delisted, as those decisions tend to be publicly announced.  And, while it’s theoretically possible that iHeart doesn’t subscribe to that specific station’s ratings any longer, it’d also be very much unlikely.  I really do still think that this is the result of a mix-up at Nielsen and/or iHeart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php