Why W35AX has not gone digital so far is

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland Why W35AX has not gone digital so far is

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 73 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  vjm1 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

jxg0754

in the Waiver for their Digital Amendment Application in summary it actually according to W35AX should have been approved years ago and earlier this year if it had the chance to submitted an actual interference study that they were not aware of until February 13th 2013 when they found out Canada approved their application on May 13th 2011 and then there was a Freeze placed on Class A modifications

MediaFan85
    Participant

If 35 does do digital, will they have an expanded reach to cover more of the area? Plus, there’s also WAOH 29. Will two stations become one?

jxg0754

Yes they will have an expanded reach, most of WAOH-29 coverage area will be covered by W35AX they have a 35.7 mile contour, it would be nice if they were able to move 29 to Parma but that would most likely not be able to happen until after the spectrum auction/repack if at all

Ohio Media Watch
    Participant

The true answer to the thread’s question is:

“…because Kaiser Bill can’t buy a digital LPTV transmitter at the Radio Shack across the street.”

🙂

(And yes, there really is a Radio Shack across Route 59 from WNIR/WJMP/TV 29, in the plaza next to the Walmart.)

Yekimi
    Participant

Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s scouring Ebay as we type to see if there’s a used one available there.

jxg0754

Wow i am excited at the possibility of having new channels on W35AX soon, and you guys make it seem like it would not be on air for long, they probably cannot survive being in analog for much longer,i do wonder why the never tried moving 29 to parma and go digital with that on top of 35, why have a Class A Station that does not have a coverage area that most low power digital stations have

Ohio Media Watch
    Participant

I’m not sure what Kaiser Bill’s end game is with 29/35.

It looks more and more to me like he’ll sell them for spectrum money, much like the Bruno-Goodworth stations (WBGN-LP et al.) did around Pittsburgh.

IIRC, WBGN and its sisters were sold to OTA Broadcasting, Michael Dell’s operation…which is certainly holding onto its stations for the spectrum auction.

Ohio Media Watch
    Participant

Indeed, WBGN is now in the OTA roster, and is even listed on its website:

WEPA

jxg0754

looks like W35AX’s amendment application has been removed from the FCC’s site for some reason, maybe in error maybe not, i was thinking maybe they would sell 29 but not 35, i hope they do not sell either and somehow move 29 to cleveland with a full coverage area like 35

jxg0754

Update: I have been told since it was an amendment it the original has been hidden and the amendment has taken it’s place, i should have looked at the application info rather than the application list that said status date 2011

I can’t wait to watch 7 or 8 new diginets. Hope W35AX goes digital very soon and adds excitement to the Cleveland OTA viewing experience. Come on people in charge and make it happen!

jxg0754

that number is just a guess,
    but could most likely happen considering the amount of diginets that exist,
    and with the amount of bandwidth most stations give subchannels around the country

honeyfuggle

I sent an e-mail to Bill Klaus, president of WNIR, WAOH and WAX…and asked him if and when he was ever gonna go digital with the two tv stations, he responded and said they will go digital this fall, with significant expansion of their coverage area. Let’s hope it’s earlier in the fall than later, I’d love to watch some of the new(old) shows Retro TV has just acquired.

Ohio Media Watch
    Participant

I sent an e-mail to Bill Klaus, president of WNIR, WAOH and WAX…and asked him if and when he was ever gonna go digital with the two tv stations, he responded and said they will go digital this fall, with significant expansion of their coverage area. Let’s hope it’s earlier in the fall than later, I’d love to watch some of the new(old) shows Retro TV has just acquired.

I got your E-mail…I just didn’t know what to say 🙂

I’ll just say that I’ll believe digital 29/35 when I see it on the OMW World Headquarters’ OTA tuner. No matter what Kaiser Bill said in E-mail.

Ohio Media Watch
    Participant

Oh, whenever it DOES happen, I do expect the various RetroTV sister subchannels (TuffTV, etc.) to show up on whichever of the two stations goes on first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php