WJW loads up the I-Team

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Cleveland

• Participant

WJW Fox 8 has brought back 3 former I-Team investigators to beef up the unit – Tom Merriman, Tom Meyer, and Carl Monday.

All 3 are returning to Dick Goddard Way after having left to either go back into law practice (Merriman) or hang their shingle/trench coat somewhere else (Monday and Meyer both having done stints at WKYC and WOIO/WUAB).

The “3 Ms” will be contributors to the I-Team, as husband and wife team Ed and Peggy Gallek will remain the workhorses and main sleuths, while the returning Ms will be a support staff of sorts.

Of course Monday and Meyer worked together on TV 8 from 1979-1997 as the original I-Team (spanning 2 sets of call letters – with and then without the “K”, and 2 networks – CBS and Fox)

Participant

Don’t forget that Bill Sheil will once again be a part of the I-Team as well.  His name was mentioned in the article announcing the return of the three to the station and investigation unit.

Now, WJW will have the best investigative team in the city along with WEWS.

Participant

Don’t forget that Bill Sheil will once again be a part of the I-Team as well. His name was mentioned in the article announcing the return of the three to the station and investigation unit. Now, WJW will have the best investigative team in the city along with WEWS.

Sheil has actually backed off the I-Team stuff in recent years, leaving it more to the Galleks.   He’ll be like the 3 Ms – a contributor/extra resource, while mostly concentrating on his weekend anchor duties.  As I said, the Galleks will do the heavy lifting, with Sheil and the 3 Ms in supporting roles.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php