WJW will become a Sinclair station after all.

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland WJW will become a Sinclair station after all.

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 59 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  santa fe 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Yekimi
    Participant

With the speculation that WJW might be sold by Sinclair back to FOX…forget it.

Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition

skiwest
    Participant

So is this good or bad?  It looks like we are stuck with Comet and Charge on 8.3 and 8.4.  Does this put Antenna TV on 8.2 in jeopardy?

MediaFan85
    Participant

Joseph_Gallant

Liberals in northern Ohio are now scared that WJW-8 will become a very conservative-leaning local news operation.

jawbreaker
    Participant

Wow

Bill Recto
    Participant

MediaFan85
    Participant

So maybe WJW won’t end up a Sinclair station after all.  It will be a return to network ownership for Channel 8.

So, this could also mean their news format and personnel will remain the same.

Ray
    Participant

Joe, Joe, Joe…..liberals running scared? Of what? Sinclair?

Exile On Main Street, by the Stones….Sweet Virginia:

“Got to wipe that SINCLAIR off your shoes”………

jawbreaker
    Participant

HAHA!

Alright, Ray!

I just saw the book on Tuesday. It’s UNREAL  .. unbelievable .. how far Triv has fallen. Stunning. And Rush Limbaugh gets the shit kicked out of him now too.

I honest to God think people have had quite enough of this “snowflake” “libtard” third grade name calling stuff.

Plus, you have no .. ACTUAL .. idea if that guy there is a hired Russian troll or an actual person.

Ray
    Participant

Don’t get to see the actual book, JB, just the generic stuff they put online. But know people who actually get to read it. They too seemed quite pleased. The public is obviously tuning out the hypocritical gas bags that are constantly fouling the airwaves.

The Tribe will be playing soon, so WTAM’s ratings will benefit. I bought a dozen sun visors with Chief Wahoo on them for friends and family. The classics never go out of style.

tim131
    Participant

From what I’ve heard from several media people I know….Jawbreaker’s so right: Triv’s ratings in the past few years have dropped like a rock. Who’s strong now in his previous core demo (men 25-54)??? From what I hear WMMS has dominated that demo in drive times for more than 5 years, and of late 923The Fan is on the upswing.

From what I’ve heard from a former ARB rep a short few years ago: politically-oriented talkers appeal mainly to men age 55+ (maybe 65+?)….and that women & adults 18-49 have drifted to other formats.

JB….I’m not sure if we’ve ever met. I believe I know who you are…but won’t say so here. But, if you’re who I think you are, the late Chuck Collins was a good friend of yours…and thought the world of you. I know. He told me.

And, you’re a radio lifer. The industry needs more folks like you.

jawbreaker
    Participant

🙂

Keep it under your hat.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Bill Recto
    Participant

mightyvoice
    Participant

If WJW does officially flip here’s hoping they employ the strategy of burying the Sinclair “must-run political commentary packages” in the middle of the night like some other recently acquired Sinclair stations have done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php