WMMO

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FrankF 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

earlyriser

Jay Francisco is OUT. Ye Olde budget cut story.

cartwright
    Participant

Jay was a good talent and it’s a bummer. But it’s a format Cox typically runs jockless or with AM/PM drive only, so he had to know this wasn’t a matter of if but when.

What’s sad is they run their music stations so bare bones while overstaffing staffing WDBO with awful, amateur reporters and probably pay Joe Kelley more to host the morning news with his ego the size of Rushmore than the rest of the on air staff combined. Other than Ken Tyndall, Marsha Taylor and Tony Marino – it’s nothing but amateur hour over there and it shows.

FrankF

If memory serves me correctly, that’s the second time he’s been shown the door there. I remember when he first started on WMMO back in 1995 when they were still AAA.

earlyriser

Agree about ‘DBO. It was the GM’s decision to kill HTQ for DBO FM, and it has never succeeded.

cartwright
    Participant

Yes – Jay has now been laid off twice from WMMO.

Not sure how many more cuts that building can take and keep the stations on the air. I heard there were some newsroom cuts at DBO as well. Anyone know why they have started using the call letters again in their branding? Perhaps getting ready for a move back to AM?

cartwright
    Participant

Back to Jay, I heard him on 1059 Sunny FM last night. He sounded a bit out of his element as he wasn’t restricted to the liners he had to read word for word at WMMO. That was fast! Good to see Rick Stacy got him a gig – nights on Sunny have been a jukebox for some time now.

Charles Everett
    Participant

News 96.5 is not going anywhere and it’s not moving to the AM band. AM radio is irrelevant in central Florida due to all that suburban sprawl.

Agree about ‘DBO. It was the GM’s decision to kill HTQ for DBO FM, and it has never succeeded.
    Have you seen any Orlando ratings? News 96.5 beats both the Rush Limbaugh affiliate (which is on AM) and the local NPR station. Not only that, Cox can utilize News 96.5 as part of a Florida news network. You can’t do that with your beloved Rock music!

cartwright
    Participant

I only heard Jay on Sunny FM that one night. I know Rick Stacy is temperamental and will fire jocks seemingly at random for little to no reason – but after one shift? Unless of course something else happened.

FrankF

I only heard Jay on Sunny FM that one night. I know Rick Stacy is temperamental and will fire jocks seemingly at random for little to no reason – but after one shift? Unless of course something else happened.

Might have been one of those “on air auditions”. Looks like Jay didn’t pass it. It may not be that easy to transition from rock to basically a top 40 format.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php