WPTR 1240 SOLD

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

WPTR 1240 AM , Schenectady along with its unbuilt translator W246DS  97.1  has been sold  by Empire Broadcasting Corp. to what appears to be a newly formed company, Area Independent Radio, Inc. This appears in the FCC Daily Digest (9/5/2019) in “Broadcast Applications”.  WPTR has been off the air and up for sale for more than a year now, coming on the air briefly to keep the license active. I am wondering if this new owner is some type of non-profit? This leaves only 900 AM as the only property Empire has not been able to sell.

Participant

It will probably end up being another Jesus station….

Participant

Apparently nobody even noticed Crawford sold 96.7 WDCD to Mars Hill Radio, not even me… doesn’t matter though, pretty much the same programming 😉

Participant

I’ll go along with time traveler about the possibility of1240 being another religious broadcaster.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php