WRKO Appears Neglected

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

The “in the middle” sorta gabfest I don’t really understand..do you?

Its conservative talk–overall–I guess–except for MOST  of the actual day which is–exactly what–between AM drive conservative talk ending at 10AM and Howie???

With financial markets diving, China trade war ramping up, and domestic terrorism striking twice– this would seem to be when people would turn to WRKO.  I tuned in this AM to the financial program and heard former sports guy Chris Collins anchoring that show.

Whats going on here?

Participant

WRKO has been in serious neglect for years now, so that’s not even in question.

Middays in talkradio for a long time had been “lighter” fare. I would imagine that “in the Middle” is supposed to be lighthearted stuff….maybe to compliment the hard politics that Rush is delivering on co-owned AM1200.

Participant

The “in the middle” sorta gabfest I don’t really understand..do you? Its conservative talk–overall–I guess–except for MOST of the actual day which is–exactly what–between AM drive conservative talk ending at 10AM and Howie??? With financial markets diving, China trade war ramping up, and domestic terrorism striking twice– this would seem to be when people would turn to WRKO. I tuned in this AM to the financial program and heard former sports guy Chris Collins anchoring that show. Whats going on here?

OK, not to nitpick, but….
    Chris Collins did not anchor this morning’s Financial Exchange; it was actually Barry Armstrong’s son, Michael, who anchored the program, and Chris Collins – yeah, I agree, a sports guy – was only a co-host for today. Barry tends to take Mondays and Fridays off, and the show is usually left in the quite capable hands of Chuck Zodda and Mike Armstrong, but obviously Chuck was also off today. The show’s producer, Tucker, rounds out the team nicely.
    You are aware, I assume, that The Financial Exchange is syndicated paid programming which originates from The Armstrong Advisory Group’s headquarters in Needham, and WRKO just happens to be its flagship station. I’m sure ‘RKO would’ve preferred Barry and/or Chuck today, but how much control iHeart exerts over it is questionable.
    As for the morning and midday shows: I thought VB paired nicely with Kim Carrigan on the now-defunct AM Show, but I find the present offerings, both during AM drive and noon to 3:00, very hard to take. So, before and after The Financial Exchange, my radio is tuned to WBZ-AM.

Participant

WRKO has been in serious neglect for years now, so that’s not even in question. Middays in talkradio for a long time had been “lighter” fare. I would imagine that “in the Middle” is supposed to be lighthearted stuff….maybe to compliment the hard politics that Rush is delivering on co-owned AM1200.

If “lighthearted” fare during midday at WRKO is called for, then I think Michael Graham would be the guy for that. He used to crack me up often when he was on WTKK.

Participant

Talk radio is in a terminal state. WRKO is best served playing to the dying demos during drive time, because they have no shot of ever getting anyone under 54 to listen regularly ever again. Brokering out late mornings is a bonus, and Howie isn’t even an iHeart employee.

All they need to pay for salary-wise is Krazy Kuhner and VB. That’s it.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

ALL terrestrial radio is dying…look how many stations are switching formats to an older demo. Jam’n and 103.3 (WODS) are seeing low ratings. Even WBOS tweaked older by switching from Alternative to Classic Rock….(WODS should really just bring back the Oldies 103 format)…and I heart should swap 94.5 and 97.7 formats IMHO

We baby boomers are the last high volume radio listeners. The kids under 40 only listen if they’re driving an old car without an AUX jack or CD player (though the under 30 crowd doesn’t even know what a CD is?)

What for Boston’s first “All Obituaries all the Time” station……LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php