WROW Stream Down

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  limegrass69 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MTN Productions
    Participant

During the last weeks, I was going to listen to WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” on TuneIn and the stream is down. What is going here “Magic”? I have listening to “Magic” since early July and it’s still not showing up. Except the one at home, it works fine using wifi, not on cellular 3G and LTE. This is going to be very disappointing for users who uses TuneIn. This is the same problem they did when Entercom is pulling the plug on WCBS-FM from TuneIn starting after August 1st which is going to be a huge loss.

I hope “Magic” needs to fix the stream, wifi works, but the cellular signal doesn’t. I hope “Magic 590/100.5” needs to have the stream on cellular signals back.

I was going to listen to Kevin Richards at 1 PM after Wolfman Jack with his “best of” shows on WNTY’s “Kool Oldies” and the stream doesn’t work.

I tried “Magic 590/100.5” site and it doesn’t work, and I also tried the “Magic 590” app and it still doesn’t work. This is going to be a big problem for oldies and classic hits fans who loves to listen to WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” on TuneIn if you have an iPhone or Android. Like I said, I hope it needs to be fixed and get it working again. I want to hear it while I’m out.

Thanks!

High Tides
    Participant

A peripheral, but relevant question: WROW is the only radio station I know of that live streams only within its terrestrial broadcast area.  I used to get the station online here in Maine and loved it, then all of a sudden they stopped doing it.  Does anyone know why?  I have a hard time believing it was for financial reasons.

limegrass69
    Participant

A peripheral, but relevant question: WROW is the only radio station I know of that live streams only within its terrestrial broadcast area. I used to get the station online here in Maine and loved it, then all of a sudden they stopped doing it. Does anyone know why? I have a hard time believing it was for financial reasons.

They geofence the stream because it costs them money to stream the signal outside of the station’s listening area. Where, incidentally, there is no money to be made. So, with no return on investment, it’s a pretty easy decision as radio is a business, not a charity or hobby.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php