WROW

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

Can someone do a aircheck for of WROW playing Christmas?

Participant

I can’t, because I was in New Jersey for three days and I can’t do airchecks of both Kevin Richards and Bob Johnson yesterday, because the stream isn’t available where it says on the “Magic 590” app that says “You are outside of the broadcasting area for Tunegenie”, and when I checked TuneIn, and listen to “Magic” and it says “We’re sorry! An error occurred with this stream. Please try again later.” I guess it did suck, because the stream is not available in New Jersey, as well as in other 48 states and the rest of the world. Same thing with WBPM. Both of these are not working. So I’m stuck with WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies”, but I don’t listen to “Fox Oldies” anymore, but I listened to the rest of it for two days. I recorded Bob O where he was in for Bob Miller on WBPM starting around Thursday, and then Race Taylor also did a Thanksgiving show on the current WCBS-FM which I still have, and then Brian Bannon on WLNG for two days, and then Buffalo Bob Corsino on “Fox Oldies” where he filled in for Bob Johnson on “Magic”. And then “Black Friday” came all three jocks from “Fox Oldies” are filled in for other jocks who took a holiday weekend off including Bob O, Sunny Joe Allen, and Bob Corsino. I guess Buffalo Bob sounds terrible in afternoon drive where he did filled in for Bob Johnson due to streaming on “Magic 590” not working while I was in New Jersey. The only station that play some Christmas music is on WLNG while Brian Bannon was doing both Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Bob Corsino sucks too. I hate that guy so much and it’s not my favorite jock, but Bob Johnson sounds better as well as Kevin Richards. And then, Bob O still doing regular weekends and then Sunny Joe was in for Kevin Richards on the station while he was doing the “Classic Country Hall of Fame”, but Sunny Joe was there for two hours and then goes to Warren Lawrence on WKNY at noon where he did hosted the oldies show at a special time, and I’m still listening to Warren Lawrence, but I’m sorry, I can’t do airchecks of my three shows on “Magic” like Kevin Richards, Bob Johnson and Richie Norris. Trust me! I love those people on “Magic”, and my favorite Saturday night show is “Saturday Night at the Oldies” and does an incredible job of doing his show, and I have to listen to it for 4 hours until 10 PM when I flipped to KSUR’s “K-Surf” to hear “Disco Saturday Night” until 4 AM. I’ll have to wait until next week. And I’ll be home tonight when I get back to New York to get my “Magic” back.

And one more thing that I might add, is Jimmy Howes on WALL. I still have that aircheck, but he usually came on from 7 PM until midnight, but now it cuts back to 10 PM for 3 hours instead of 5 hours, because Joe Manglass returns to “Fox Oldies” right after Jimmy Howes which is now on WALL from Monday Thursday, and then on Friday will be Allan David Stein with the “Doo-Wop Drive” on WMTR, and then Joe Manglass comes on “Fox Oldies” right after “Doo-Wop Drive”. Trust me! I love Joe Manglass, and I love to hear him coming back to the station. He is still my favorite DJ which is coming on from 10 PM until midnight right after Jimmy Howes on WALL.

Participant

Well, I finally came back to New York and got “Magic 590” back after trip from New Jersey, and I finally hooked up with “Saturday Night at the Oldies”, and thankfully got a chance to listen to Bob Johnson where he did filling in for Richie Norris. Good job!

I’m recording it right now. Plus this station plays the same songs that “Fox Oldies” and WBPM played, plus two Christmas songs per hour. WLNG also plays Christmas music since Thanksgiving Day at 5 PM during Brian Bannon. I will be posting it when I get home.

Participant

I’m in Glens Falls, and since Wednesday, I’ve been listening to some Christmas music on CKDO-1580am-Oshawa Ontario. Coverage map shows Toronto area. No, not streaming…over the air! (Way heavy on the modern and secular, though.)

Participant

CKDO normally does a Classic Hits/Oldies format…with a pretty good night time signal in this area….in spite of a fairly sharp null in this direction….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php