WTAM: Goodbye Spew, Hello Geraldo

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland WTAM: Goodbye Spew, Hello Geraldo

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  michael p 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MediaFan85
    Participant

Geraldo Rivera (yup, the Geraldo Rivera) has joined WTAM 1100 (and 106.9) to host a new weekday morning talk show from 9 until 10.  He’s replacing The Spew, while newly hired Jensen Lewis moves to SportsLine.

https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2018-09-22-geraldo-rivera-joins-wtam/

vjm1
    Participant

Geraldo Rivera (yup, the Geraldo Rivera) has joined WTAM 1100 (and 106.9) to host a new weekday morning talk show from 9 until 10. He’s replacing The Spew, while newly hired Jensen Lewis moves to SportsLine.

https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2018-09-22-geraldo-rivera-joins-wtam/

Geraldo has actually been living in Shaker Hts for a few years now (after marrying a local girl who was working in NY as a CNBC reporter when they met) and has done some Fox News live hits from Cleveland in recent years, so he has a loose connection to the city.

I don’t think Geraldo will even physically step foot in iHeart Cleveland’s studios at Oak Tree Blvd that much…will probably do his show from his Shaker mansion via ISDN or else on remote from NYC due his Fox News commitments.

Last time WTAM did something similar to this was when they brought in Morton Downey Jr in 1997, and that flamed out quickly.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

With Mort, WTAM tried to have him do a four hour show against Indians baseball on 1220 WKNR. And that only lasted a good five weeks before he called into Jeff Kinzbach’s morning show to quit (claiming that he was going to take legal action against Stern, none of that came to pass). Rick Gilmore took his spot on the schedule at the last minute.

I think Geraldo learned his lesson from working for Cumulus a few years ago, and actually got a contract in writing. When the Dickey brothers were forced out at Cumulus, 77WABC dropped his show, which was only on due to a “handshake agreement” with the Dickeys.

Plus he’s been doing Fox News stand-ups from WJW’s studios for awhile (which double as a satellite uplink to Fox News) so it won’t interrupt his involvement over there at all. He can commute between Cleveland and NYC and hold both jobs with relative ease.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Bill Recto
    Participant

Geraldo Rivera (yup, the Geraldo Rivera) has joined WTAM 1100 (and 106.9) to host a new weekday morning talk show from 9 until 10. He’s replacing The Spew, while newly hired Jensen Lewis moves to SportsLine. https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2018-09-22-geraldo-rivera-joins-wtam/

Geraldo has actually been living in Shaker Hts for a few years now (after marrying a local girl who was working in NY as a CNBC reporter when they met) and has done some Fox News live hits from Cleveland in recent years, so he has a loose connection to the city. I don’t think Geraldo will even physically step foot in iHeart Cleveland’s studios at Oak Tree Blvd that much…will probably do his show from his Shaker mansion via ISDN or else on remote from NYC due his Fox News commitments. Last time WTAM did something similar to this was when they brought in Morton Downey Jr in 1997, and that flamed out quickly.

I was guessing that Iheart/WOR-AM New York Studios would take in Geraldo though and yes the Fox News Commitments are at play here for Geraldo.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I was guessing that Iheart/WOR-AM New York Studios would take in Geraldo though and yes the Fox News Commitments are at play here for Geraldo.

He’ll do his show from a variety of locations, including the iHeart Cleveland studios. Anything is possible with a Comrex.

And again, he’s going to be doing a lot of Fox News stand-ups from WJW’s studios. It’s not like he is going to be in NYC all the time, more likely an even split. His wife and daughter live here, and it’s a way for him to slowly “settle down” while remaining as active as ever.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Bill Recto
    Participant

He’ll do his show from a variety of locations, including the iHeart Cleveland studios. Anything is possible with a Comrex. And again, he’s going to be doing a lot of Fox News stand-ups from WJW’s studios. It’s not like he is going to be in NYC all the time, more likely an even split. His wife and daughter live here, and it’s a way for him to slowly “settle down” while remaining as active as ever.

Didn’t realize he moved to Ohio until I read the Wikipedia release that Fox News or Iheart has written on Geraldo. I was thinking that Geraldo’s situation would be similar to Ryan Seacrest being the Host of his Iheart show and KIIS Los Angeles show while his recording office is in the Live With Kelly studio or the American Idol Audition trail.

Yekimi
    Participant

While listening to WCBS 880 out of NYC overnight was surprised to hear them mentioning Geraldo and his interview of President Trump and even mentioning him starting out his new show on WTAM with that interview.

michael p

While listening to WCBS 880 out of NYC overnight was surprised to hear them mentioning Geraldo and his interview of President Trump and even mentioning him starting out his new show on WTAM with that interview.

I heard a clip of Geraldo’s interview with president Trump on “Morning Glory” which is on EWTN Radio out of D.C.  Carried locally on 1260 WCCR.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  michael p.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php