WWMI-AM 1380 Tampa Bay

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Tampa Bay

We all know that Radio Disney is going away slowly any ideas what would AM-1380 will flip next?

Participant

The price can’t be that high, for a directional AM signal that covers more tarpon than it has actual listeners. Word is that Disney took a soaking by unloading their huge-signalled WWJZ in NJ, getting #3,000,000 scrooges back from a reported $14,000,000 they paid for it.

I’m a retro guy, into Oldies, retired, and a real lover of the old WLCY in their PAMS jingle days. But alas ; nothing entertaining is going to occur on 1380 when Disney sells it off. The only thing Disney had going vis-a-vis 1380 was music on the AM dial.
    People here can speculate as to the price — how many zeroes there are — but it’ll be ethnic or religion.

At some point in December WWMI switched to “1380 AM The Biz”. As the name suggests it’s business talk. http://1380thebiz.com/

I read somewhere that Radio Disney moved to an HD subchannel.

I noticed Radio Disney on the HD-2 subchannel for WLLD/94.1 about a month ago as I passed through Sebring by train. Guess that, in turn, displaced the remnants of WSJT’s “Smooth Jazz” which were there?? Couldn’t get anymore Tampa HD-2s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php