WZBR Gets a FM signal ?

RI Community Forums Northeast Boston WZBR Gets a FM signal ?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph_Gallant 6 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rapking
    Participant

I heard AM 1410 WZBR ( The Bass of Boston ) applied for 98.1 signal ( Medford MA ) ,

OldNewsGuy
    Participant

I know it may seem like everyone is getting an FM translator frequency these days….

(“YOU get a translator, YOU get a translator, YOU get a translator!” -Oprah)

….not every AM gets to have an FM signal. 😉

And how would station licensed to Dedham get an FM frequency in Medford?

BTW….I know Langer owns WZBR….but who is behind the programming? Is someone LMA-ing it? Are they veterans from WILD or Hot 97.7?

I heard the afternoon dude…and he sounds pretty good! 😉

Can you trace back to where you heard this…or is it just wishful thinking on your part? 😉

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  OldNewsGuy.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  OldNewsGuy.

Dan
    Participant

Here’s where our friend got his info:

https://fccdata.org/?facid=201029

and

http://fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine.php?sCurrentService=FM&tabSearchType=Appl&sAppIDNumber=1762553

Dan <><

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Dan.

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Selma's Christian Music Leader
    A Broadcast Ministry of People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Inc., of Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

OldNewsGuy
    Participant

Wow!  Then I take back my skepticism!

Impressed by your research Dan!

Uncle Kaimbridge
    Participant

So, theyʼre looking to hook up to 101.7ʼs stick?
    Up here in Beverly, 98.1 is mostly a toss-up between New Bedfordʼs WCTK and WGUA-LP up in Andover.

~Uncle Kaimbridge~
           02205–2602–029
      [42.3509°N–71.0538°W (FN42li34nf)]

**** Void Where Permitted;
            Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

The problem with the proposed FM translator of WZBR-1410 is that it won’t deliver a strong signal in Boston’s predominantly African-American neighborhoods, whereas the AM signal does, especially during daylight hours.

The translator can’t be moved any further south because it would interfere with New Bedford’s WCTK.

Were the translator to broadcast from a site just south of Boston, it might be able to get 95.7 or 101.1 (maybe—if interference from WZID and WGIR-FM respectively doesn’t get in the way).

I’m white, but I do occasionally listen to WZBR-1410 (maybe once a week), and they in my opinion are doing a good job of serving Boston’s black community. They deserve an FM signal—even if just a translator—that covers Boston’s major African-American neighborhoods.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar