WZKD Montgomery drops The Big Station simulcast

RI Community Forums Southeast Alabama WZKD Montgomery drops The Big Station simulcast

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom Servo
    Tom Servo
    Participant

Looks like Roscoe “Killer” Diller has launched a unique format of sorts on 950 WZKD and its translator at 94.1, dropping the WKXK/WKXN simulcast for urban adult contemporary as “KD 94.1”.

I didn’t find any Facebook or website for the station, and The Big Station’s FB page was last updated in 2014… not exactly dripping with community involvement, are they?

That said, my Facebook-search-foo is not so great, so there may be one out there lurking in obscurity.

Profile photo of musiconradio
    musiconradio
    Participant

As of yesterday he was ID’ing 94.1 on WKXN. I would get a reception report to confirm. Unless he is simulcasting KXN part of the time.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I was in Montgomery Friday and heard two different formats, on WKXN 102.7 FM and this new upstart.  The ID said this is The Big KD 94.1.  They also ran a spot talking about their new Morning Show but I didn’t catch the names of the host(s).

Dan <><

P.S. While 102.7 FM was playing a blues type song, this new upstart was playing some R&B.

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Selma's Christian Music Leader
    A Broadcast Ministry of People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Inc., of Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Today, I did another check on them.  As of this posting, they cater to R&B, Southern Soul and Classic Hip-Hop.

Dan <><

WPJB-LP
    93.3 FM
    Jesus Radio
    Selma Alabama
    Selma's Christian Music Leader
    A Broadcast Ministry of People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Inc., of Selma Alabama
    Now On The Air

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

css.php
Skip to toolbar