Alpha Media has promoted nine Program Directors to the role of Format Captain for the company.
The nine captains will assist with the stations in their formats by communicating with their local programmers and monitoring station performance. The nine are as follows:
- Rock/Alternative/AAA – Kenny Vest (Operations Manager in Biloxi and PD of 97.9 WCPR)
- Classic Hits/Oldies – Rick Hirschmann (PD of “93.3 The Drive” WPBG, “95.9 The Sports Nut” WPBG-HD3, and News Talk 1470 WMBD Peoria)
- Country – Joe ‘MoJoe’ Roberts (Program Director/Afternoon Host “98.7 The Bull” KUPL Portland)
- Hot AC/AC – Leo Baldwin (West Palm Beach Operations Manager and PD of “Sunny 107.9” WEAT)
- CHR – Ben Davis (Louisville Operations Manager and PD of CHR 99.7 WDJX)
- Urban/Urban AC/Gospel – Darrick “Brown” Williams (PD of Urban “96.5 The Beat” WGZB and Urban AC “Majic 101.3” WMJM Louisville)
- Rhythmic/Throwbacks – Mark “TicTak” Allen (PD of Classic Hip-Hop “G96.7” WGBL Biloxi)
- Spanish – Alfanso Flores (PD of Regional Mexican “La Ley 95.7” KLEY-FM and “Norteño 104.1/720) KSAH San Antonio)
- News/Talk/Sports – Greg Martin (San Antonio Operations Manager and PD of News/Talk 550 KTSA and Sports “ESPN San Antonio” KZDC)
Alpha Media, is proud to announce 9 Format Captains. Each Format Captain is responsible for assisting in the growth of all associated stations in their music format. This includes frequent communication with Program/Content Directors as well as monitoring the station’s performance.
Alpha Media Executive VP of Content, Scott Mahalick commented on the announcement, “We are always proud to promote from within Alpha. Our Format Captains have been carefully selected based on their experience, format expertise, reliability, and performance. I look forward to seeing great success happen from this collaboration.”