April 2019 (3/28 – 4/24) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 1
Nielsen begins its monthly release of PPM ratings with today’s Day 1 update including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston/Galveston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Long Island, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Jose, and Middlesex/Somerset/Union.
All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.
Among the numbers of note for the April monthly:
- Salem Media Christian AC “104.7 The Fish” WFSH Athens/Atlanta continues its surge by taking the top spot for the first time outside of Christmas with a rise from a 5.7 to 7.0 share.
- The just announced changes at Entercom Hot AC “Star 94.1” WSTR Smyrna/Atlanta comes as the station drops to 16th overall with a 3.2 to 2.9 slide.
- The Entercom acquisition of “New York’s Country 94.7” WNSH Newark NJ sees the station rise to its highest monthly numbers since its 2014 launch with a 2.8 share.
- Beasley Media Classic Rock 102.9 WMGK Philadelphia rises from 6th place last month to the top of the market with a 5.8 – 6.8 rise.
- Two other stations had big monthly gains in Philadelphia as Educational Media Foundation’s Christian AC “K-Love” WKVP jumped from a 2.2 to 3.4 share and iHeartMedia Alternative “Radio 104.5” WRFF was up 3.1 to 3.9.
- The start of baseball season brings the usual April ratings jumps to many MLB flagships. WFAN New York (Yankees) up 3.0 to 4.2, WSCR Chicago (Cubs) 2.8 to 3.7, and KNBR San Francisco (Giants) 2.6 to 3.6 among the bigger gainers.