May 2019 (4/25 – 5/22) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3: Record Low For KSL
Day 3 of Nielsen Audio’s May 2019 PPM releases are now available for Portland, Charlotte, San Antonio, Sacramento, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Orlando, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Columbus.
All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.
Noteworthy numbers in today’s markets include:
- Bonneville News/Talk 1160 KSL/102.7 KSL-FM Salt Lake City dropped this month from a 5.2 in April to 3.9 share. Ratings expert Chris Huff notes that this is the lowest recorded share for KSL.
- Entercom Classic Hits “105.9 Sunny-FM” WOCL Orlando is the beneficiary of the highest share in station history as it rises from a 7.9 to 9.0 share to take the market lead. iHeartMedia Spanish Tropical “Rumba 100.3” WRUM holds steady at an 8.5 but drops to second.
- Entercom Classic Rock “96.9 The Eagle” KSEG Sacramento increases its market lead to almost 3 whole shares over the next station. KSEG rises 8.0 to 8.9, while iHeartMedia News/Talk 1530 KFBK/93.1 KFBK-FM and Entercom’s “98 Rock” 98.5 KRXQ hold 6.1% share.
- Las Vegas as a public radio hotbed? Nevada Public Radio’s 88.9 KNPR rises to third overall in the market with a 4.6 to 5.8 jump.
- Univision Rhythmic AC “107.5 The Vibe” KVBH San Antonio generates a 2.0 share in its first full monthly. The KXTN Tejano audience, which was at a 3.1 share in March, did not make the move to 1350 en-masse as that station holds a 0.4.
- Classical music is on the move in Charlotte. Davidson College’s 89.9 WDAV holds a three month trend of 1.2 – 2.0 – 3.1.
- The Trail Blazers run to the conference semifinals made iHeartMedia Sports “Rip City Radio 620” KPOJ up to its best numbers in the format. KPOJ rose 1.0 to 1.7 to tie Alpha Media’s “750 The Game” KXTG as the top Sports station in Portland. The playoff run also helped Entercom’s “1080 The Fan” KFXX rise 1.1 to 1.5.