August 2019 (7/18 – 8/14) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3: Sunny Shines Extra Bright In Orlando
Day 3 of Nielsen Audio’s August 2019 PPM releases are now available for Portland, Charlotte, San Antonio, Sacramento, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Orlando, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Columbus.
All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.
Noteworthy numbers in today’s markets include:
- Entercom Classic Hits “105.9 Sunny-FM” WOCL Orlando continues to assert its dominance in the market as its lead grows to nearly 3 share points. WOCL rose 10.8 to 11.0, while iHeartMedia CHR “XL 106.7” WXXL rose from third to second with a 7.5 to 8.3 gain. iHeart Spanish Tropical “Rumba 100.3” WRUM fell from second to third with a 8.5 to 7.8 drop. The 11.0 marks the third straight record showing for the 105.9 frequency.
- Another “Sunny” shining bright is iHeartMedia AC 106.5 KSNE Las Vegas at it expands its market lead with a 7.6 to 8.6 gain. Beasley Classic Hits 96.3 KKLZ rises 7.2 to 7.4 to hold in second.
- After rising 2.4 to 4.1 last month, iHeartMedia Adult Rock “95.5 The Mountain” KYMT Las Vegas drops back to a 2.7.
- But the big drop of the month goes to Urban One R&B “105.3 R&B” WOSF Charlotte as it falls from first to seventh in the market with a 6.8 to 4.9 drop. Beasley’s direct format competitor “V101.9” WBAV rises 6.2 to 6.9 to jump from fifth to first.
- The format change of Entravision Country “101.9 The Wolf” KNTY to a simulcast of Regional Mexican “Tricolor 99.9” KRCX did not show early benefits as the duo registered a combined 1.2 share down from the 1.6 KRCX had on its own and 1.3 that 101.9 held last month.
- The flip away from Country allowed Bonneville’s 105.1 KNCI to rise to second in the market with a 6.0 to 7.2 gain. Entercom Classic Rock “96.9 The Eagle” KSEG held onto the lead with a 7.9 share.
- The margin between the top three narrowed in Cleveland as iHeartMedia Country 99.5 WGAR rose 8.1 to 8.3 to tie for the lead with Entercom Classic Rock 98.5 WNCX. iHeart Classic Hits “Majic 105.7” WMJI fell 9.2 to 8.2 to fall from first to third.
- It was a bad month for Rhythmic CHR in Portland as iHeartMedia’s “Jam’n 107.5” KXJM fell 3.7 to 2.7 and Alpha Media’s “We 96.3” KWEE dropped 1.9 to 0.8 in what will likely be its final full monthly in the format.
- The big gainers in Portland were Salem Christian AC “104.1 The Fish” KFIS with a 4.4 to 5.1 gain and Classical 89.9 KQAC with a three month trend of 2.0 – 2.5 – 3.2.
- Univision Rhythmic AC “Vibe 107.5” KVBH San Antonio continues to show growth out of the box with a 2.7 to 3.0 gain.
- And for the fourth straight month, Bonneville News/Talk 1160 KSL/102.7 KSL-FM Salt Lake City sets a record low for the station. After 3.9 shares in May and June and dropping to 3.6 in July, KSL registered at a 3.4 share for August.