FCC Applications 4/23: Las Vegas Move-In & Wichita Frequency Change
As its current CP expires, Shamrock Communications is taking another stab at moving 105.9 KZNV Amargosa Valley into the Las Vegas market. The new attempt will boost the station to a Class C operating with 100kW at 596 meters on 106.1 from a site in Timpi Canyon, well northwest of Las Vegas. The station’s coverage contour will cover the majority of the market. KZNV filed a silent STA in December 2013 while awaiting the filing of a move to a new transmitter site. Shamrock holds a CP for a new station licensed to Pahrump, NV on 95.9 that could also eventually be attempted to move into Las Vegas.
In May 2013, the FCC ordered Entercom Rhythmic CHR “Power 93.9” KDGS Andover/Wichita, KS to 93.5 to allow the upgrade of Community Broadcasting’s Christian 94.3 KCVW Kingman, KS to a Class C1 with 94kW at 307 meters.
Entercom has finally made the filing which will see KDGS relocate to 93.5 from a new tower site on the east side of Wichita with 13kW at 122 meters. Concurrently, Niemeyer Communications will move Country 93.5 KOTE Eureka, KS to 93.9 while retaining its existing 3kW at 98 meter facilities.
Another station with an expired CP is filing for another try, Multicultural Broadcasting’s 1380 WKDM New York seeks to adjust from 5kW around the clock to boosting its night power to 13kW directionally pointed towards the city from its tower site in Carlstadt, NJ.
Tugart Properties has applied to move 103.3 W277BX Seneca, SC to 102.9 in Greenville. The translator will operate with 250w at 431 meters rebroadcasting Salem’s 94.5 WGTK Greenville.
St. Gabriel Communications seeks to raise 94.5 K233BT Des Moines from 140 to 250 watts. The translator rebroadcasts Catholic 1150 KWKY Des Moines.
Hoosier Broadcasting is selling 103.7 W279CL Anderson, IN to Woof Boom Radio for $22,172. As part of the deal Hoosier will file an application to relocate the translator on the tower of one of Woof Boom’s Munice stations. It currently rebroadcasts 89.1 WSPM Cloverdale.
Tripp LLC is acquiring 97.9 W250BM Cullman, AL from Rams II in exchange for a 15 year lease on the tower site on the tower of 96.5 WKUL Cullman. The translator has filed to move to the same tower rebroadcasting WKUL with 250 watts.
Way Media has sold the CP for 97.7 W249CP Clubview Heights/Gadsden, AL to Shelby Broadcast Associates for $25,000.
New CP Grants
This week’s new Translator grants:
- 94.3 K232FM Spring Valley, CA – Educational Media Foundation – 1w at -28.4 meters – // 94.1 KMYI San Diego
- 94.3 K232FD Tortolita, AZ – Lotus Broadcasting – 250w at 575.3 meters – // 990 KTKT Tucson
- 94.5 K233CX Nogales, AZ – Edgewater Broadcasting – 140w at 49.3 meters – // 91.7 KNOG Nogales
- 95.3 K237FX Casas Adobes, AZ – Desert West Air Ranchers – 10w at 558.7 meters – // 940 KGMS Tucson
- 96.1 K241CF Oceanside, CA – Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa – 5w at 50.5 meters – // 107.9 KWVE-FM San Clemente
- 96.5 K243CC Tucson, AZ – Educational Media Foundation – 200w at 577.4 meters – // 88.1 KLTU Mammoth
- 104.9 K285GU Carlsbad, CA – Gold Coast Broadcasting – 10w at 304.5 meters – // 100.1 KLVT Julian
- 106.1 K291CF South Padre Island, TX – Wildcatter Wireless – 50w at 52.6 meters – // 88.3 KBNR Brownsville
- 106.7 K294CS Fallbrook, CA – Penfold Communications – 1w at 231 meters – // 88.9 KSDW Temecula
- 107.9 K300CW Indio, CA – Radio Desafio Network – 50w at -109.9 meters – // 89.1 KODV Barstow