FCC Tentatively Grants Five Long Delayed Translator Applications
Five mutually-exclusive translator applications that have been awaiting resolution since the late 1990’s have been tentatively granted.
Filed before the FCC switched to a points system to resolve mutually-exclusive noncommercial applications, a decision on which application to grant had been held up by judicial challenges to transition to the points system. These grants are considered tentative as they must now go through a 30 day period for petitions to deny and then routine application processing before Construction Permits are granted.
The new grants are:
- 91.9 Weekhawken, NJ – Living Way Ministries – 10 watts at 310 meters (antenna on Empire State Building) rebroadcasting 88.9 KTLW Lancaster, CA (Coverage Map)
- 90.5 Narberth, PA – World Revivals, Inc – 27 watts at 55.8 meters rebroadcasting 89.1 WXHL-FM Christiana, DE (Coverage Map).
- 91.3 Oldsmar, FL – Radio Training Network – 19 watts at 109.4 meters rebroadcasting 88.1 WJIS Bradenton (Coverage Map)
- 90.5 Gainesville, GA – Living Way Ministries – 13 watts at 87.4 meters rebroadcasting 88.9 KTLW Lancaster, CA (Coverage Map).
- 88.9 St. Joseph, MO – Community Broadcasting – 250 watts at 90 meters rebroadcasting 91.5 KSIV-FM St. Louis (Coverage Map).