Station Sales Week Of 10/13

101.1 Jack-FM WSUX-FM Snow Hill Salisbury Ocean City GSB BroadcastingVincent Klepac’s Seaford Media is selling his two stations to separate buyers.

Greg Bojko and A. Wray Fitch’s GSB Broadcasting will purchase “101.1 Jack-FM” WSUX-FM Snow Hill/Salisbury MD for $262,500 to join a cluster that includes Variety Hits “96.5 CTG” WCTG Chincoteague VA and Classic Country “Wow 101.5/87.7” WOWZ-FM Chincoteague and WOWZ-LP Salisbury. GSB also has begun operating “Shore Country 99.3” WVES Accomac VA and is currently simulcasting WOWZ as it plans to relaunch the station in November.

Seaford Media then sells Regional Mexican “La Z 93.9” 1280 WSUX/93.9 W230CO Seaford DE to Ruby Lopez for $150,000.

The sale of Educational Media Foundation’s 106.7 WKHL West Lafayette IN to Woof Boom Radio has a price attached. Woof Boom Radio Lafayette will pay $608,000 for the station with Woof Boom Radio owning 90% of the station and James ‘Jim Stone’ Ducey holding the other 10%. Stone will serve as Managing Partner of the station.

American University is selling 89.5 WYAU Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg VA to Educational Media Foundation for $400,000. WYAU, which currently simulcasts Public News/Talk 88.5 WAMU Washington DC, will join EMF’s “K-Love” Christian AC network.

Galaxie Broadcasting is converting its LMA of Adult Standards “1420 The Breeze” WJUB Plymouth WI from
The Family Radio Network into a $90,000 purchase. Galaxie began operating the station via LMA on August 1.

After a 2014 sale to My Town Media for $50,000 never closed, Justin McLuckie sells 97.1 KMYQ North English IA to Branden Muhl and Rick Watts for $2500 plus all operating costs until closing. Muhl owns Country 104.9 KBOE and Full Service Oldies 740 KMZN/99.5 K258BG in nearby Oskaloosa IA.

The Estate of William Mays is transferring its 25.5% stake in Hochman Hawaii Three to William Poorman for $150,000 and forgiveness in $1,873,065.29 in interest from seven promissory notes. The deal gives Poorman, better known as Indianapolis owner/personality and escape artist Bill Shirk, a controlling 51% stake in the company that owns “Oldies 101.1” KORL-FM Wainane/Honolulu and three HD fed translators: 80s Hits “Retro 97.1” K246BR, Rock “K-Rock 101.5” K268BE, and Country “107.5 Nash Icon” K298BA.

Translator Sales

Bott Radio’s Community Broadcasting acquires 91.1 K216GL Jonesboro AR from Family Stations for $5,000 to rebroadcast its 88.9 KWCV Walnut Ridge.

Centro Familiar Cristiano sells 99.5 K258BJ Everett WA to Gerson Infante-Reina for $100 in order to allow the translator to be used to rebroadcast its Spanish Christian “93.7 Familia-FM” KLSY Montesano. As commercial band translators can only rebroadcast a station outside of its contour area if its not co-owned, this sale allows such a move.

Share This Post

Lance Venta is the Owner and Publisher of RadioInsight.com and a consultant for RadioBB Networks specializing in integration of radio and the internet. Lance has two decades of experience tracking the audio industry and its use of digital platforms.

Leave a Reply