Positioning now as “Today’s Hits” as the station removed all of its 1980s ad 90s tracks, WTDY-FM is heavily pushing its “Fewer Commercial Promise” with shorter stopsets. The airstaff remains in place with Program Director Bobby Smith hosting mornings from 6-9am, APD Bennett from 9am-2pm, and Bex in afternoons from 2-7pm.
WTDY-FM held a 2.7 share in the January 2018 Nielsen Audio ratings, well behind WBEB’s 8.3. The market has not had a direct Hot AC between the two AC stations and CHR “Q102” WIOQ since iHeartMedia flipped “Mix 106.1” WISX to Classic Hip-Hop “Real 106.1” last summer.
The 9am hour of the new “96.5 TDY” featured:
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
- MAX – Lights Down Low
- Justin Timberlake Feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
- The Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This
- Ariana Grande – Side To Side
- Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
- Pink – What About Us
- Usher – Burn
- Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean?
- Bruno Mars – Finesse
- Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
- Halsey – Bad At Love
- The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face
- JoJo – Leave (Get Out)