La Suavecita Comes To Albuquerque
Entravision has flipped Regional Mexican “La Tricolor 105.9” KRZY Santa Fe/Albuquerque to its “La Suavecita” brand.
KRZY will run a talk heavy mix of Grupero and Cumbia music featuring Alex ‘El Genio’ Lucas in mornings, Eddie ‘Piolin” Soleto in middays, El Show de Erazno y la Chokolata in afternoons and Futbol De Primera and Mayra Berenice in evenings. The bulk of that lineup is also airing on the new “Jose 97.5/107.1” simulcast in Los Angeles announced on Monday.
KRZY had flipped from Spanish Adult Hits “Jose 105.9” to Regional Mexican as part of Entravision’s format restructuring last year.
Entravision Communications Corporation, a diversified global media and advertising technology company serving Latino consumers, today announced radio format and programming changes in the Albuquerque market with the launch of La Suavecita on KRZY 105.9 FM, effective immediately.
“Entravision is dedicated in bringing the most up-to-date, fresh content to our audiences, and we believe our listeners in the Albuquerque market will enjoy the new La Suavecita format. With its enhanced programming line-up, advertisers will have the opportunity to target our dedicated audience to connect and build their brands with,” said Jeffery Liberman, President and Chief Operating Officer, Entravision.
Launched in January 2017, La Suavecita is a Grupero/Cumbia format, targeting women 25-49 and adults 25-54 and brings a unique blend of the leading Spanish radio programs to the market with its new show line-up including:
- Launching on January 26, 2019 – Morning Motivation With El Genio Lucas | Monday – Saturday 5 am – 11 am MT. Every morning, Alex “El Genio” Lucas inspires and motivates listeners through stories of self-reflection, family values and achievement. Lucas believes in positive self-fulfillment and channels this through thought-provoking parables in his popular segment, “Reflexiones.”
- Launching on January 14, 2019 – Mid-Day Positivity with Piolin | Monday – Friday 11 am – 3 pm MT. As the first Mexican to be inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame, Eddie “Piolin” Sotelo is an icon in the community and one of the strongest influencers on radio today. With close to 3 million Facebook followers, Piolin’s connection with fans is unmatched. His most popular segment, “La Formula de Truinfar,” celebrates Latino success and achievement.
- Afternoon Comedy with Erazno y La Chokolata | Monday – Friday 3 pm – 8 pm MT. A parody-based comedy program that entertains audiences with bold humor, outlandish stunts, and signature “nacadas, El Show de Erazno y la Chokolata is the funniest afternoon show on the radio” Oswaldo Diaz is the voice behind three very different personalities: Erazno (a soccer obsessed jokester ), Chokolata (diva extraordinaire) and El Doggy (outspoken bachelor). The three battle to always be right and more importantly, have the last word.
- Soccer Excitement with Futbol De Primera | Monday – Friday 8 pm – 9pm MT. For the passionate soccer fans, listeners can get their soccer fix every Sunday to Friday evening on Futbol de Primera, the #1 syndicated Spanish-language sports radio show in the U.S. Andres Cantor, famous for his chant “Gooooooooool,” anchors the show along with an abundant panel of sports journalist including Rosa Beatriz Sanchez, Sammy Sadovnick, Daniel Chapela, and his son, Nicolas Cantor.
- Evenings with Mayra Berenice | Monday – Friday 9 pm – 1 am MT. Mayra Berenice hosts a nostalgic music driven program with an array of subjects that keep it interesting every night. She is a relatable personality that helps listeners discover new opportunities. Her specialty show, “Misterios Ocultos” explores the mysteries of the paranormal and unexplained phenomena.