RRC Report Details Boston Listening During Bombing
The Radio Research Consortium, the non-profit firm that makes Arbitron listening data available to non-commercial stations, has produced a detailed study highlighting the effect of the bombing and capture of the suspect on radio listening in Boston the week of April 15.
Among the highlights of the study:
- Radio Listening in the market was above average for the week, with the exception of the 15th due to the state holiday
- The three News stations in the market NPR affiliates 89.7 WGBH-FM and 90.9 WBUR, plus CBS’ 1030 WBZ showed huge gains as the week progressed.
- On Friday, April 19 those three stations were tuned in by 24% of the population
- The Top 5 music stations in the market had their lowest tune-in rates that week
- Many NPR News/Talk stations across the country had their highest daily Cume rate on Friday, April 19
The full study can be seen here.