Station Sales Week Of 7/24: EMF Purchases Six From Family Radio

Station Sales

Radio Station Translator Sales EMF Educational Media FoundationEducational Media Foundation is purchasing two stations and four translators from Family Stations. 89.5 KIFR Fort Dodge IA, 90.7 KEAF Fort Smith AR, 88.7 K204CL Smith River CA, 89.5 K208FV Ames IA, 91.3 K217BJ Banning CA, and 101.5 K268AH Palm Springs CA will go to EMF for $553,750.

Cody West sells Country 1490 KZZN Littlefield, TX to Monte Spearman’s High Plains Radio Network for $100,000.

Billy Hugh Williams transfers News/Talk 810 WCTA Alamo, TN to Alamo Media for $1 and the forgiveness of and forebearance of debt to prevent a foreclosure.

Southeast Kansas Independent Living Resource Center sells News/Talk 1540 KLKC and Variety Hits “93.5 Max-FM” KLKC-FM Parsons, KS to Parsons Media Group for $30,000 and five 30 second commercials per day for two years. SKIL Resource Center also sells Sports “Fox Sports 1340” KSEK Pittsburg and Classic Rock “99.1 U-Rock” KSEK-FM Girard, KS to Triple T Plus Two, Inc. for $15,000 and three 30 second commercials per day for two years.

The Construction Permit of 1190 WNCR Red Oak/Rocky Mount, NC has been transferred from Ray Livesay to Nancy Schwarm Livesay as the administrator of his estate.

Broadcasting Corporation of America sells Sports “Fox Sports Hawaii” KUPA Pearl City/Honolulu to Beach Time Broadcast for $320,000.

Marc Sims is selling his 51% stake in Our Town Radio’s “Classic Hits 95.3” 1570 WCRL/95.3 W237DH Oneonta, AL to 49% stakeholder Robbie McAlpine for $1 and payment of $125,000 due on a promissory note related to their original purchase of the station in 2012.

Matias Martinez is transferring Country “92.7 The Bull” KBQL Las Vegas, NM to Sangre de Cristo Broadcasting in a restructuring. Martinez holds a 51% stake in Sangre de Cristo with the other 49% held by his wife Martha.

Translator Sales

Saga Communications purchases 99.1 W256BY Charlottesville, VA from Positive Alternative Radio for $150,000. While W256BY currently rebroadcasts Country “Big Country 105.3/99.1” 840 WKTR Earlysville, Saga intends to rebroadcast 106.1 WCNR-HD2 Keswick.

iHeartMedia is selling the CP for 107.5 W298BJ Fort Wayne, IN to Federated Media’s Pathfinder Communications for $100,000. With News/Talk 1190 WOWO Fort Wayne setup as the originating station, that could lead to an eventual format change at 92.3 WOWO-FM.

Life On The Way Communications continues its sell-off with 90.7 K214DN Surprise, AZ to Mountain Community Translators for $60,000 and donating 90.1 K211DA Selma, CA to One Ministries.

After selling three Tulsa area translators to Tyler Media last week, Screen Door Broadcasting turns around and acquires Edgewater Broadcasting’s CP for 105.7 W289CC Tulsa for $120,000. Screen Door states its intent to rebroadcast Tulsa Community Radio’s 90.1 KJZT-LP Tulsa on W289CC.

N C Communications exercises its option to acquire First Ventures Capital Partners Silent 105.5 K288EZ Little Rock for $50,000 minus $1,000 for each month it paid on its lease of the translator since 2011. K288EZ had rebroadcast N C’s Urban AC “Hot 105.5” 1380 KDXE until both went silent earlier this month due to loss of programming source.

Mecca Communications purchases 99.5 W258CC Athens, GA (with CP to relocate to 92.7) from Georgia-Carolina Radiocasting for $107,000. Mecca will rebroadcast their Urban AC/Gospel “Athens 1470” WXAG Athens.

Max Nichols sells 100.3 K262CO Alpine, WY to Intermountain Public Radio for $6,000.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More